July 7
7月7日
Read it!
讀讀看!
It must be 100 degrees outside.
室外的氣溫一定有華氏一百度那么高。
Abby is hot and wants to get some ice cream.
雅碧很熱,想要買些冰淇淋。
Alex wants ice. But he doesn't eat plain ice.
亞力克斯想要冰,可是他不吃白白的冰。
In Taipei, he eats ice with fruit and sweet syrup on it.
在臺北,他會吃加了水果和甜甜的糖漿的剉冰,
Alex also likes milkshakes.
亞力克斯還喜歡喝奶昔。
Susie brings them a cold treat─ice pops!
蘇希為他們帶了好吃的冰品──棒冰!
Abby's favorite flavor is banana.
雅碧最喜歡香蕉口味。
Conversation A
會話A
Hi, Alex. It is so hot today.
嗨,亞力克斯。今天好熱,
It must be 100 degrees outside.
外面一定有華氏一百度。
I know, Abby. Maybe you can eat some ice cream.
是啊,雅碧, 說不定妳可以吃點冰淇淋。
I had some ice cream.
我已經吃了些冰淇淋。
Was it hard or soft ice cream?
是桶裝冰淇淋還是冰淇淋?
It was hard ice cream.
是桶裝冰淇淋。
I like soft ice cream.
我喜歡冰淇淋。
Me, too. But in Taipei, I eat ice more often than ice cream.
我也是。可是在臺北,我吃冰的機會還比冰淇淋多。
Conversation B
會話B
You eat just plain ice? Why?
你吃不加料、白白的冰嗎?為什么?
Oh, no. The ice has fruit and sweet syrup on it.
不是的,我吃的冰會加上水果和甜甜的糖漿,
It's delicious!
非常美味!
When it's hot, I eat ice cream or have a cold drink.
天氣熱的時候,我會吃冰淇淋或者喝冷飲。
I like cold drinks. I especially like milkshakes.
我喜歡冷飲, 尤其是奶昔。
At fast food restaurants, I like a soft ice cream dessert.
在快餐餐廳,我喜歡吃冰淇淋,
It has candy and other sweet things mixed into the ice cream.
里面還混有糖果和其他甜食。
Conversation C
會話C
Hi, Alex, Hi, Abby. Aren't you guys hot?
嗨,亞力克斯,嗨,雅碧, 你們不熱嗎?
Yes! It's too hot!
熱啊!太熱了!
Alex and I are trying to stay cool.
亞力克斯和我想要保持涼爽。
Yes. We're talking about ice cream and cold drinks.
沒錯,我們在談冰淇淋和冷飲。
What about ice pops?
棒冰怎么樣?
Ice pops? Yum! I especially love banana ice pops.
棒冰?好吃!我尤其喜歡香蕉口味的棒冰。
Good! Because I have ice pops for everyone!
太好了!因為我為每個人都買了棒冰!
Thanks, Susie. You are really cool!
謝了,蘇希,妳真是太棒了!
We can all be cool now!
現在我們大家都可以涼爽一下了!