Lesson 13 Life
第十三課 生活
June 29
6月29日
Goodbye, Jim
珍重再見
Read it!
讀讀看!
Jim has big news for Alex. He has a new job.
吉姆有個重大消息要告訴亞力克斯,他有了一份新工作。
Was Jim promoted? No.
吉姆獲得升遷了嗎?不是,
He's moving to New York City.
他要搬到紐約市。
Congratulations, Jim! But something is wrong.
吉姆,恭喜!可是事情不太對勁,
Everyone is sad.
大家都很難過,
Maybe they can plan a party for Jim.
說不定他們可以為吉姆規劃一場惜別派對。
Maybe Rob and Alex can help Jim pack.
也許羅柏和亞力克斯可以幫忙吉姆打包,
Moving can be hard.
搬家可以是一件很不容易的事情。
Conversation A
會話A
Hi, Alex! Can I talk to you?
嗨,亞力克斯!我可以和你談談嗎?
Sure, Jim. Are you OK?
好啊,吉姆,你還好嗎?
Yes. I have some news.
我很好。我有個消息,
I have a new job.
我有了一份新工作。
Congratulations! Did Carol promote you?
恭喜!卡蘿晉升了你的職務嗎?
No. My new job is in New York City.
不是,我的新工作在紐約市,
I'm moving to New York.
我要搬去紐約。
Oh, no! Really?
不會吧!真的嗎?
You're leaving LTE TV?
你要離開大家說英語電視臺了?
Yes. I start my new job in July.
是,我的新工作在七月開始。
Conversation B
會話B
I'm sad, Susie.
蘇希,我好難過。
Why? What's wrong, Alex?
為什么?亞力克斯,怎么了?
Jim is moving to New York.
吉姆要搬去紐約了。
I know. I'm sad, too.
是啊,我也很難過。
But his new job sounds great.
可是他的新工作聽起來很棒。
When is his last day at LTE TV?
他在電視臺要做到哪一天?
His last day is next Friday.
下星期五是他的最后一天上班日。
Maybe we can plan a party for him.
也許我們可以為他辦一場惜別派對。
I like that idea!
我喜歡這個主意!
Conversation C
會話C
Jim is leaving.
吉姆要離開了,
I can't believe it.
我真不敢相信。
I know. Alex and I are planning a party for him.
是啊, 亞力克斯和我要為他辦一場派對。
Good idea. Can I help?
好主意, 我可以幫忙嗎?
Of course!
當然可以!
Thanks. Moving is hard.
謝了。搬家很困難,
Maybe Alex and I can help Jim pack.
也許亞力克斯和我可以幫吉姆打包。
That's a great idea.
這主意太棒了。
I can ask him!
我可以問他!