I was 12 years old.I was 13 years old.I was 12 years old.
那時我12歲。那時我13歲。那時我12歲。
I was 13 years old when I was bullied.
我是13歲的時候被欺凌。
When I was bullied there were confrontations in hallways.
我在學校走廊被人欺負過。
It was pretty much directly face to face, verbal, contact.
基本是當面羞辱我或者是揍我。
I was being called a name from my so called friends.
我被那些所謂的朋友們取過外號。
Some person that I don't know slammed my head into the locker and called me a chink. And they just walked away.
一些我不認識的人,猛地把我的頭按進柜子里,叫我“支那人”。然后若無其事的離開。
I was dealing with a lot of, you know, acne problems.
我的臉上曾經長過很多青春痘。
This guy, he would just call me pizza face in front of people.
那家伙當著所有人的面叫我“披薩臉”。
I was just walking through the cafeteria and someone called me a faggot.
有一次我路過自助餐廳,聽到有人叫我“娘娘腔”。
It was kind of like my whole body had chills and I didn't know what to do.
那一瞬間我感覺全身發冷而又不知所措。
They all giggled and laughed.
他們朝我哈哈大笑。
And it actually was a word in Cantonese and I don't speak Cantonese.
那個詞應該是粵語,但是我聽不懂粵語。
I think now I would say like, ‘feimei’.
我可以模仿一下,就像“肥妹”。
What they were calling me was little fat girl.
也就是小胖妹的意思。
This kid turned around to me with a Sharpie marker and for all the classmates to hear and he said, "Hey Zach, bend over, I wanna play connect the dots "with your face."
那個小孩轉向我,手里拿著記號筆。用全班人都能聽到的聲音說道,“扎克,靠過來,我要在你臉上玩連點成線。”
I was so embarrassed when it happened.
那個時候我感覺很難堪。
Bullies made me feel so bad about my ethnicity. Like, I really did internalize that.
甚至堅信自己的亞洲人的身份是個恥辱。
It made me feel like I wasn't as good as anybody else.
這讓我覺得自己低人一等。
I didn't really know what is friendship if the people you think you're close to are laughing at you.
我不懂所謂的友誼,你當朋友看待的人會對你冷嘲熱諷。
It was something that was really heartbreaking for my mom to see.
目睹我被欺凌,真的讓我母親很心疼。
I remember she just always looked so sad for me because I was just being myself.
看到我孤零零一個人,她總會露出悲傷地表情。
And me being myself meant that I was being bullied.
因為孤身一人意味著我遭受了欺凌。
You just have this fear, in middle school, in high school, that you're going to be called that for the rest of your life.
在中學階段,我總是有種恐懼感,害怕自己會這樣受盡欺凌的度過一生。
Now it's a word that I look back on and I use it to see how far I've come.
現在一切都已經過去,我用過去發生的一切來審視自己。
You know, I realized that that's not who I am.
我意識到我并不是他們說的那個樣子。
I haven't been that since I was you know, 13,14 years old.
我已經不再是那個13,14歲時候的我了。
No matter what people think, I can accomplish anything that I want.
不管別人怎么想,我能做到我想做的一切。
I was doing great things. I had great friends, a great family.
現在我做了很多有意義的事。我擁有了很好的朋友,幸福的家庭。
I love my life and I am more than just a little fat girl.
我愛我的生活,而且我不再是當年的那個小胖妞了。

That word does not define me. It never did define me. I'm so much more as a person.
那些話并不能定義我。永遠不能。我已經成為了一個更優秀的人。
I could be whoever I wanted to be and I was extremely proud of being Asian.
我可以成為任何我想成為的人,我也深深地以一個亞洲人的身份而自豪。
I am great. I am happy. I am anything that I want to be.
我很棒。我很快樂。我可以做我想做的任何事。
There's gonna be a time where you realize that the thing that people target you for is actually your greatest asset.
總有一天你會明白,那些無法打敗你的,終會使你更強大。
I recommend building a support system and help each other learn that you are more than those words.
我建議成立一個互助組織,幫助對方意識到,你并不是別人口中的那個你。
You be yourself, you grow up to be who you want to be, you're gonna be a great person, no matter what.
做好你自己,你就能成為你想成為的人,無論如何你都能成為一個不錯的人。
You are so much more than any of the words that anyone could say to you.
你比別人口中的你更優秀。