One in four people suffer from some sort of mental illness,
每四個人中就有一人患有某種精神疾病
so if it was one, two, three, four, it's you, sir.
如果說是一二三四,就是你了先生
You. Yeah.
對,是你。
With the weird teeth. And you next to him.
牙齒有點怪的那位,還有旁邊那位
You know who you are.
你自己可清楚了
Actually, that whole row isn't right.
事實上那一整排都不大正常。
That's not good. Hi. Yeah. Real bad. Don't even look at me.
這不太好,是的,真的很糟糕,拜托別看著我。
I am one of the one in four. Thank you.
我就是四個人中的那一人,謝謝
I think I inherit it from my mother, who, used to crawl around the house on all fours.
我想我這病是從我媽媽那里遺傳過來的,她常四肢著地在房子里四處爬動
She had two sponges in her hand, and then she had two tied to her knees.
她手里拿著兩個海綿,還有兩個綁在膝蓋那里,
My mother was completely absorbent.
我媽媽具有完全的吸水性
And she would crawl around behind me going,
她會跟在我身后爬來爬去喊著
"Who brings footprints into a building?!"
“誰會把腳印帶到屋子里!”
So that was kind of a clue that things weren't right.
這算是個線索,有點不太對勁
So before I start, I would like to thank the makers of Lamotrigine, Sertraline, and Reboxetine,
在我開始之前,我想感謝拉莫三嗪,舍曲林,帕羅西汀的制藥商
because without those few simple chemicals, I would not be vertical today.
因為如果沒有這幾種常用藥物,我今天就不會站在這里
So how did it start?
我的病是怎么開始的呢
My mental illness -- well, I'm not even going to talk about my mental illness.
我的精神疾病,我都根本不想談論它
What am I going to talk about? Okay.
那我談些什么好呢,好吧
I always dreamt that, when I had my final breakdown,
我以前常常會想自己最終會在什么時候發病
it would be because I had a deep Kafkaesque existentialist revelation,
可能因為我有深深的卡夫卡式存在主義的啟示
or that maybe Cate Blanchett would play me and she would win an Oscar for it.
或可能是凱特·布蘭切特扮演了我的角色并贏了奧斯卡

But that's not what happened. I had my breakdown during my daughter's sports day.
但這些都沒發生,我發病的時候正是我女兒的運動會日
There were all the parents sitting in a parking lot
所有家長都坐在停車場
eating food out of the back of their car -- only the English --
在車背上吃著食物,只是英國人
eating their sausages. They loved their sausages.
吃著他們的香腸,他們可喜歡他們的香腸了
Lord and Lady Rigor Mortis were nibbling on the tarmac,
大家都在講些閑話和八卦
and then the gun went off and all the girlies started running,
突然槍聲響了,所有的女孩都跑了起來
and all the mummies went, "Run! Run Chlamydia! Run!"
所有的媽媽都喊著 “快跑!快跑Chlamydia!快跑!”
"Run like the wind, Veruca! Run!"
“像風一樣跑,Veruca! 快跑!”
And all the girlies, girlies running, running, running,
所有的女孩都在跑啊跑啊跑啊
everybody except for my daughter, who was just standing at the starting line, just waving,
所有人除了我的女兒,她就站著在起跑線的地方,光顧著揮手
because she didn't know she was supposed to run.
因為她不知道她應該跑起來
So I took to my bed for about a month, and when I woke up I found I was institutionalized
我因此臥床一個月,當我醒來的時候我發現自己住院了,
and when I saw the other inmates,
看到其他病人的時候
I realized that I had found my people, my tribe.
我意識到我找到自己的同類了,我的群落
Because they became my only friends, they became my friends,
因為他們成了我唯一的朋友,他們成了我的朋友
because very few people that I knew -- Well, I wasn't sent a lot of cards or flowers.
因為我本來就認識不多人,而我也沒有收到很多問候卡或鮮花,
I mean, if I had had a broken leg or I was with child I would have been inundated,
我的意思是,如果我是摔斷了腿或者我有了孩子我也許就被大家的關心所掩埋了
but all I got was a couple phone calls telling me to perk up.
但我只接到了幾通電話叫我振作
Perk up.
振作
Because I didn't think of that.
因為我沒想過要振作呢