Lesson 11 Mystery
第十一課 懸疑事件
May 25
5月25日
Mr. E and the Ring
找尋訂婚戒
I went to see a new movie mystery.
我到電影院去看一部新的懸疑電影,
But when the movie ended, another mystery began.
可是電影結束之后,另一項懸疑事件卻接著展開。
I saw a couple stand up to leave.
我看見一對情侶起身離開電影院,
They picked up their popcorn and started to go.
他們拿起爆米花,正準備離開,
But then the girl stopped and looked around.
但是女孩卻突然停下腳步,查看著四周,
Something was missing.
有什么東西丟了。
They both looked very worried.
他們兩人看起來都很擔心,
I went to help them.
我上前去幫忙。
"Did you lose something?" I asked.
“你們掉了什么東西嗎?”我問。
"Yes, my ring!" said the girl.
“是的,我的戒指!”那名女孩說。
The man was looking for the ring on the floor, but he couldn't find it.
那名男子在地板上找著戒指,但是找不到。
The room was still dark, so I asked someone to turn on the lights.
電影院里仍然很昏暗,于是我請人打開電燈,
It didn't help.
但還是沒有幫助。
"I can't believe I lost it!
“我不敢相信我把戒指弄丟了!
Jim gave it to me when he proposed yesterday."
那是吉姆昨天求婚的時候送我的?!?/div>
This was an important ring.
那是一枚很重要的戒指,
It was an engagement ring!
是一枚訂婚戒!
"So the ring was new," I said.
“所以,那枚戒指是新的,”我說,
"Was it the right size?"
“大小合適嗎?”
"Actually, she needs a smaller ring," said the man.
“事實上,她需要小一點的戒指。”男子說。
"I was so excited, I wore it, but I shouldn't have.
“我好興奮,所以就戴上了??墒俏覍嵲诓辉摯?,
Now it's lost!" the girl said.
這下戒指不見了!”女孩說。
The man put down their popcorn to look some more.
男子把他們的爆米花放了下來,繼續尋找。
I picked up the popcorn.
我拿起那杯爆米花,
I dug into it and pulled out the ring.
伸手挖尋并從里面撈出了戒指,
"Next time, don't put butter on your popcorn," I said.
“下次爆米花不要加奶油?!蔽艺f。