Dialogue 1:
Landlord: After seeing the apartment, are you satisfied with everything?
房東:看完房子以后你還滿意嗎?
Xiao Gao: I think so. I just have a few questions if you don't mind?
小高:嗯,我只是想問幾個問題,如果你不介意的話。
Landlord: Okay, shoot.
房東:當然,盡管問。
Xiao Gao: I'm on the fence about choosing the big room or the small room. They both seem really nice.
小高:我只是不太確定是要選大的房間還是小的房間,他們看起來都不錯。
Landlord: If I were you,I'd pick the big room. It's closer to the bathroom and the view is facing the city. It's really the best of both worlds.
房東:如果我是你,我就選大的,它離洗手間更近,并且窗子沖著市區景色很好,真的是兩全其美了
Xiao Gao: You're right. I am a sucker for beautiful scenery. Okay, I'm sold! The big room it is. What's the next step?
小高:你說得對,我對美景完全沒有抵抗力,好吧,我就要這個了,大的房間,那下一步怎么辦?
Landlord: If you're sure you'd like to live here, we require that all of our tenants sign a one year lease agreement.
房東:如果你確定要住在這兒的話,我們會要求所有的租客簽署一個一年的租約。
Xiao Gao: I'm sure.
小高:我確定。
Landlord: Okay, then I'll just need your John Hancock here, here, and… here.
房東:好,那我們只需要你的簽名,在這里,這里和這里。
Xiao Gao: There you go.Are we finished?
小高:好的,簽好了,這樣就行了嗎?
Landlord: That's it,here's your key. You're free to move in anytime. If you have any questions,please give us a call and we'll be glad to assist you.
房東:是的,這是你的鑰匙。你隨時可以搬進來,如果你有任何問題就給我們打電話,我們會非常樂意幫助你的。
習語短語:
1. shoot =盡管問
2. on the fence = 不太確定是要某事
3. the best of both worlds = 兩全其美
4. a sucker for something = 對某事完全沒有抵抗力
5. I'm sold! = 我要了!我買了!
6. tenants = 租客
7. lease agreement = 合同
8. John Hancock = 簽名
Dialogue 2:
Landlord: Hello, Mr. Gao. How is the new apartment?
房東:嗨,高先生,新公寓住得怎么樣?
Xiao Gao: Well… it's great, but there's a slight problem.
小高:嗯,挺好的,但是有一個小問題。
Landlord: Oh? What's thematter?
房東:哦?什么問題?
Xiao Gao: There's a huge pest problem in the kitchen. I'm worried that they might come into my room.
小高:廚房里蟲子是個大問題,我很擔心它們會進到我屋里來。
Landlord: What kind of pests are we talking about?
房東:你說的是什么樣的蟲子?
Xiao Gao: Roaches!
小高:蟑螂。
Landlord: Oh, well, I'm very sorry to hear that sir. Have you tried cleaning the kitchen thoroughly?
房東:哦,先生,我很遺憾聽到這個消息,嗯,你有沒有嘗試好好地清理廚房?
Xiao Gao: That's why I came here. Isn't there something that you guys can do?
小高:這就是我來這里的原因。你們能不能幫我做些什么?
Landlord: I'm afraid not.
房東:恐怕在這件事上我們幫不了您。
Xiao Gao: But you're my landlord! I thought your slogan was:“above and beyond the call of duty”!
小高:但是你是我的房東,我以為你們的口號就是“全心全意為顧客服務”。
Landlord: It is, but you must not have read the fine print in the contract. It says here on line 217(A)that we are not responsible for any bug infestations.
房東:確實是,但是,你肯定沒有讀到合約上的那行小字體,合約217條A部分寫著,我們不對任何昆蟲負責。
Xiao Gao: Oh, I see… In that case I'll have to hire a professional to get rid of the bugs.
小高:嗯,我明白了,這樣的話我就不得不去雇一家專業的除蟲機構來幫我了。
Landlord: I'm afraid so.Is there anything else that we can do for you today, sir?
房東:我恐怕是的,還有什么我能幫你的嗎,先生?
Xiao Gao: No, ma'am.Thank you!
小高:沒有了,女士,謝謝你。
習語短語:
1. pest = 昆蟲
2. roaches = cockroaches蟑螂
3. landlord = 房東
4. slogan = 口號
5. above and beyond the call of duty = 竭盡全力做某事,甚至超出職責范圍
6. fine print = 小字
7. in that case = 那么; 在這種情況下
8. bugs = 蟲子