This reality is much more than what we see around us in our everyday life.
這種現實的范圍 比如日常生活中周遭所見還要廣大
A vast array of ground and space telescopes have extended our senses.
各式各樣的地面與太空望遠鏡 拓展了我們的感官
Allowing us to see deep into space
讓我們探望遙遠的太空
And build a much bigger model than ever before.
并建造前所未有的更大的模型
As we peer further and further into the cosmos
當我們更進一步探望宇宙時
our reality has grown bigger and bigger stil
我們認知中的現實世界拓展得愈來愈大
where once we saw a chink in heaven's flow
人類曾經以為是天堂地面裂縫的東西
We now see distant stars like our sun.
我們現在知道那是遙遠的恒星 就和太陽一樣
Many with their own planets and moons.
很多都有自己的行星與衛星
Then we discovered distant galaxies,
后來我們發現遙遠的星系
home to billions more stars.
那里又有超過數十億顆其它恒星
We have peered back in time.
我們回顧過去
All the way to the birth of the universe itself.
一直到宇宙自身的起源
All this,the entire 13.7 billion year history of the universe
這一切 這整段137億年的宇宙歷史
exists as a model inside our minds.
都存在于我們心中的模型