格洛莉婭:你聽說曼努埃爾正準備辭職的事情了嗎?
He took a job with another company.
他在另一家公司找到工作了。
Sam:I'm not surprised.
山姆:我一點也不感到意外。
He came up against the glass ceiling and he decided to jump ship.
他無法繼續升職于是決定跳槽。
Gloria:Really? I didn't know he was bucking for promotion.
格洛莉婭:真的嗎?我不知道他曾竭力爭取晉升。
Sam:He's been trying to become a manager for three years, but other people have been promoted over him or they've hired from outside the company.
山姆:3年來他一直努力想成為經理,但別人都超過他得到了晉升或被其他公司聘請。
Gloria:I didn't know that.
格洛莉婭:這我可不知道。
I was aware of the wage disparities within the company and the gender pay gap within each department, but this is news to me.
我知道公司內部存在薪酬差異而且每個部門都有性別薪酬差異,但你說的我是第一次聽到。
Sam:Haven't you noticed that people who take extended leave to have children or try for some type of work-life balance are passed over for plum assignments, raises, and promotions?
山姆:你沒注意到請了長假的都是有孩子或從事別的工作的人嗎?他們干著美差,加薪升職,享受美麗人生卻完全不理會別人?
There are definite limits to advancement.
對于發展晉升有明確的限制。
Gloria:I thought it was just favoritism on the part of the bosses.
格洛莉婭:我認為這僅僅是出于老板的偏袒。
Their friends got promoted and other people didn't.
他們的朋友得到晉升而其他人沒有。
Sam:That's certainly true, but that's only part of the story.
山姆:這是千真萬確,但這只是一部分而已。
Gloria:Why are we still working for a company with such unfair policies?
格洛莉婭:為什么我們仍然為如此不公平的公司賣命?
Sam:Speak for yourself.
山姆:說你自己就好了。
I'm giving notice today.
我今天會發出通知。