Dialogue 1
Xiao Gao: Hey, Jingjing, what have you been up to lately?
小高:嗨,京晶,最近忙什么呢?
Jingjing: Nothing much,just surfing the net and writing my blog.
京晶:沒忙什么,就是上上網寫寫博客。
Xiao Gao: How do you find the time to do that? I thought you were as busy as a beaver.
小高:你哪有那么多時間做那些事?我還以為你忙得不可開交呢!
Jingjing: I am busy! My new phone lets me go online and even write my blog.
京晶:我是很忙。我忙著用我的新手機上網還有寫博客。
Xiao Gao: Really? That's tight! I bet your new phone gave you a run for your money.
小高:你的新手機功能不錯啊。我猜花了你不少錢吧?
Jingjing: I'll admit, it wasn't cheap, but I'm a sucker for gadgets. I LOVE my new phone, it's a step up from my old phone. You should really consider buying one.
京晶:我承認確實不便宜,但是我是高科技設備的忠實粉絲。我太愛我的新手機了,它比我的老手機好太多了。你真的應該考慮買一部。
Xiao Gao: I don't know…I'm not sure I want to fork up that kind of money.
小高:我不知道,我不確定我想花那么多錢買手機。
Jingjing: Oh, come on! You really need to jump on the band wagon! Everyone I know has one.
京晶:別猶豫了,你真的應該趕上潮流,我認識的每個人都在用新一代手機。
Xiao Gao: Hey, are you giving me peer pressure?
小高:嘿,你是在給我施加同輩壓力嗎?
Jingjing: No, I'm just messing with you. Anyways, I have to go now, I'll catch you later.
京晶:沒有,我只是在逗你玩兒呢。無論如何我現在得走了,回頭見。
Xiao Gao: Later.
小高:回頭見。
習語短語
1. surf the net = 瀏覽網絡;上網
2. Blog = 博客
3. As busy as a beaver. = 非常忙碌(像海貍一樣忙碌) 。
4. tight = cool 太好了
5. give someone a run for theirmoney = 花了某人不少錢
6. I'll admit. = 我承認。
7. a sucker for (something) = 禁不住……的誘惑;是……的粉絲
8. gadgets = 高科技設備
9. a step up = 是……升級版;比……好
10. fork up (something) = 交出;放棄
11. jump on the band wagon =趕潮流,趕浪頭
12. peer pressure =同輩壓力
13. I'm just messing with you.= 我只是開玩笑。
14. I'll catch you later. = 回頭見。
15. later = 再見