I think I'm going to start with the prawns first.
我想我要先燒大蝦
Next, I'm making one of my grandmother's signature dishes - drunken prawns.
接下去,我要做我奶奶的拿手好菜之一,醉蝦
Get the wok nice and hot, add the prawns, a little ginger
先把鍋加熱,倒入蝦,放點姜
and a good splash of rice wine to get the shellfish nice and tipsy.
再放一點黃酒給蝦增色提味
My grandmother used to make drunken prawns for us when we were growing up, really tasty.
從小到大我們經常吃奶奶做的醉蝦,那真是人間美味
So, like, the bitter sweetness of the Shaoxing rice wine kind of enhances the sweetness of the prawns,
紹興黃酒本身的苦甜味有助于增加大蝦的甘甜口感
and these are just local river prawns.
這些是本地的河蝦
Really good.
非常好
My grandmother's speciality was seafood,
我奶奶擅長做海鮮
so I'm making another of her favourite dishes
所以我接著要做她喜歡的另一道菜
fresh clams with Chinese basil, soy sauce and rice wine.
新鮮蛤蜊加入九層塔,醬油和黃酒一起炒
Just keep cooking until a lot of the shells have opened up.
一直炒到蛤蜊的殼都張開為止
Once the food's ready, it's time to seat the guest of honour - my grandfather.
菜準備好了,是時候讓貴賓入席了--我祖父
My uncle said, "This is the best."
我舅舅說,非常好吃
It's got the best flavour, it's got the flavour of a Taiwanese basil.
味道頂好,有臺灣九層塔的味道
They all think that this food is really similar to what my grandmother used to cook.
他們一致認為我做的菜味道和我奶奶以前做的很像
These are all her flavours.
這些菜都有她的味道
I'm really happy because my grandfather just said,
我很開心因為我祖父剛才說
"Did you really make this?" and "It's got Grandmother's flavour."
真的是你燒的?有你祖母的味道
It tastes like Grandmother's.
這些菜吃著很像祖母做的
My grandfather's really vulnerable, and I've never seen him emotional.
我祖父身體不好,我從來沒見他這樣激動過
He must really miss her a lot.
他肯定很想她
My grandmother was an amazing woman,
我祖母是個了不起的女人
but she really groomed me to be a cook, at such a young age
在我還很小的時候她就培養我做一個廚師
and I didn't really think it would leave such an impression on me.
我不曾意識到她給我的印象會如此深刻
They all give their hats off to my grandmother.
大家都很尊敬我祖母
You know, she was the cook, she was exec chef.
知道么,她就是廚師,她是行政主廚
She was the best one out of all of them.
她是他們中最優秀的廚師
Now I really understand a bit of her more, through cooking and this kitchen.
通過在這個廚房里做菜我覺得,我真正更加地理解我祖母了
This was her life...you know.
這就是她的生活,你知道的
My food memory started here and I didn't think I'd grow up to be a cook.
我對食物的記憶源于此處,我沒想到長大后會成為一個廚師
I didn't think it would shape me so much.
也沒想到這會對我影響這么大
I think I have come a full circle.
我想我的旅程已經完滿了