March 10
3月10日
Read it!
讀讀看!
Jim is on his way to the computer store.
吉姆正在前往計算機商店的途中。
He took the subway.
他搭乘地鐵。
He's on the River Street platform waiting for the train.
他正在大河街站的月臺上等車。
Alex wants to get to the store first.
亞力克斯想要先到商店,
He doesn't want to go on foot, so he borrows Susie's bike.
他不想走路去,所以借了蘇希的腳踏車。
Both get to the store.
兩人都抵達了商場,
Both paid fares to get there.
都花了交通費到那里去,
But who got the earphones?
結果是誰買到耳機呢?
Conversation A
會話A
Hello?
喂?
Hi, Taylor. Did Alex call you?
嗨,泰樂,亞力克斯有打電話給妳嗎?
Yes, he did.
有。
Oh. Then he's already at the store.
喔,那么他已經到了那家店。
No, he's not. He's in a taxi and stuck in traffic.
沒有,他還沒到。他搭出租車,可是塞車了。
Where are you?
你在哪里?
I decided to take the subway.
我決定搭地鐵,
I'm on the River Street platform.
我現在在大河街站的月臺上
I'm waiting for the next train.
等下一班車。
Then you'll be there soon.
那你很快就會到了。
I hope so. I have to beat Alex!
希望如此。我一定要比亞力克斯快,打敗他!
Conversation B
會話B
Oh! Be careful!
噢!小心一點!
I'm so sorry. I ...Susie!
對不起,我…蘇希!
Alex! What are you doing downtown?
亞力克斯!你到市中心來做什么?
I'm on my way to a store.
我在去一家商店的路上,
But I can't go very fast on foot.
可是用走的不夠快,
Can I borrow your bike?
我可以借妳的腳踏車嗎?
I guess so. But ...
應該可以,可是…
Thanks, Susie. I'll be back in the studio soon.
謝了,蘇希, 我很快就會回攝影棚了。
Hey, wait! How will I get to work?
喂,等一下!我要怎么去上班啊?
I can take a bus. I guess.
我想我可以搭公交車。
Conversation C
會話C
I got to the store first!
是我先到商店的!
But you only beat me by a few seconds.
可是你只比我快了幾秒而已。
I still got there first.
反正我還是先到。
But you didn't get the earphones!
可是你沒有買到耳機!
No. They already sold the last pair of earphones!
沒有,我們兩人都沒買到。最后一副耳機已經賣掉了。
Yeah. And we spent money to get there.
是啊,結果我們還花了錢到那里去。
I paid subway fare.
我花了地鐵票的錢。
But I paid taxi fare.
可是我花了出租車資,
And it was a lot more!
那可是比地鐵票貴得多!