12 Who dreamed it?
12 誰做的夢?
'You shouldn't be so noisy, Your Majesty,' Alice said to the black kitten.
愛麗絲對黑貓說:“你不該這么吵,陛下。”
You've woken me out of a very nice dream.
你把我從一個美夢中吵醒。
I've been all through the looking-glass world.
我已漫游了整個鏡中世界。
And I think that you were the Red Queen, weren't you?
我想你是紅方王后,不是嗎?
It is impossible to guess if a kitten is saying 'yes' or 'no'.
要揣測小貓的回答是“是”,還是“否”是不可能的。
Alice looked among the chessmen on the table until she found the Red Queen.
愛麗絲看著桌上的棋子,直到她找到了紅方王后。
Then she sat on the carpet and put the kitten and the Queen to look at each other.
然后她坐在地毯上,把小貓與王后擺在一起,互相對視。
'Curtsy while you're thinking what to say, ' Alice said, with a little laugh.
“考慮話題前要先行個禮。” 愛麗絲微笑了一下說。
It saves time, remember!
別忘了,這樣會節省時間!
But the kitten turned its head away and wouldn't look at the Queen.
但小貓扭轉了頭,不愿正面看王后。
'Now, Kitty, ' Alice went on, 'who was it who dreamed it all, do you think?'
愛麗絲接著說:“好了,小貓,你認為是誰做了這一場夢?”
No, listen - don't start washing your paws now.
不,聽著--現在別洗爪子了。
You see, Kitty, it was either me or the Red King.
小貓你也清楚,不是我就是紅方國王。
He was part of my dream, of course - but then I was part of his dream too!
他當然是我夢中的一部分--然而,我也是他夢中的一部分!
Was it the Red King, Kitty?
是紅方國王嗎,小貓?
But the kitten began to wash its other paw, and pretended it hadn't heard the question.
但小貓開始洗另一只爪子,裝作沒聽見這個問題。
Who do you think was dreaming?
你以為是誰做了這個夢?