I really like this picture that I found.
我個人非常喜歡這個圖片
It actually shows you really neatly where the heart sits in our body
非常準確地給出了心臟在體內的位置
so you can see the heart is surrounded, on both sides, by ribs, right?
大家可以看到,心臟是由肋骨包圍起來的
And in fact, I didn't draw it in yet,
另外,我還沒有畫上
but let me show you where the lungs would be.
給大家介紹一下肺的位置
So this is where the lungs- this is the right lung and on this side you'd have the left lung.
這里是肺,這是右肺,左肺
So this is where your heart sits: between two lungs.
心臟在兩個肺之間
And I'm saying left and right from the perspective of the the person who owns this heart.
這里所指的左和右是指圖中人物的左和右
So this is their left and right,
這個左右方向
which is the opposite of us if we're looking at it.
跟我們現在的左右剛好是相反的
As the heart is actually sitting between the two lungs
好,大家可以看到
within this protective casing that the ribs are basically there to keep all these important organs safe.
心臟在兩個肺之間被肋骨包圍,肋骨就是保護重要臟器的
And then below them, so if you draw this here.
然后在這些下邊
Or if I draw it, you can see now that below all this stuff is a really really important muscle.
這里還有一塊組織,是一塊非常重要的肌肉
So this muscle people don't talk about this muscle,
不過一般很少提到這塊肌肉
or this is not the kind of muscle that you usually see people working out at the gym,
準確的說這跟大家在健身時練的肌肉不太一樣
but this muscle is called the diaphragm.
這個肌肉叫做橫隔膜
So your diaphragm muscle and your ribs are enclosing a space, right?
這塊膈肌和肋骨一起包圍出了一個空間,大家看到了吧?
The diaphragm becomes the floor,
把膈肌看成下底面
and the ribs are kind of the ceiling and the walls of this space.
肋骨是上底面和側面
And if you look at the contents of this space,
如果看這個空間內的內容
you'd have your lung and you'd have your heart.
就是肺和心臟
So, this entire space then is called your thorax.
這整個空間就是胸腔
So what exactly does the heart do?
心臟的功能是什么呢?
Let's actually make a little bit of space now, and bring up a zoomed in version of the heart.
好,我們留一些空來看放大之后的心臟
Let me start by orienting you to the heart.
我先介紹一下心臟
This is our right lung and on the other side we have our left lung.
這里是右肺的位置,這里是左肺
And all this would be inside of the rib cage,
當然這些都是在肋骨之內的
but I'm not going to draw that now,
現在就不畫肋骨了
because that would make it harder to see the heart itself.
不然心臟就不好介紹了
So to think about exactly what the heart does,
好,要思考心臟的功能
I think one, kind of neat way to do it is to actually imagine that you're a cell.
首先大家看,假設大家就是一個細胞
So put yourself in the perspective of a cell,
把自己看成一個細胞的話
and let's say that you're a cell hanging out over here.
假設這里是一個細胞
This is you.
這就是大家化身的細胞
And you can think about any part of the body that you could be.
當然,這個細胞屬于任何部位都可以
Let's say a little toe cell.
假設這是腳趾上的一個細胞
So let's say you're a toe cell and your job is to, of course,
假設這個腳趾細胞要生存
live and be happy,and you've got near by, a little blood vessel.
附近就要有一條小血管
And in fact, every cell in our body has a little blood vessel that's near by.
實際上身體中每個細胞附近都有小血管
And this toe cell is just trying to make a living.
如果這個腳趾細胞要生存的話
And toe cells need certain things, right?
它是需要一些特定原料的吧?
They need, for example, let's say oxygen.
比方說,氧氣
I'll write it in white so it's very clear.
我用白色寫,更顯眼一點
They need oxygen and they need nutrients, right?
細胞需要氧氣,還有養料
So cells need certain things to live and be happy.
這樣細胞才能生存下去
And on the flip-side, they also make waste.
另一方面,細胞也產生廢物
They're in a sense just like us, they make waste.
這其實跟人類很像,有消耗,同時也產生廢料
And that waste could be all sorts of things,
廢料也有很多