February 6
2月6日
Read it!
讀讀看!
Taylor didn't like the first apartment.
泰樂不喜歡第一間公寓,
There were cockroaches in the bathroom.
那間公寓的浴室里有蟑螂。
She and Susie looked at another apartment.
她和蘇希看了另一間公寓。
It is nicer than Taylor expected.
這間公寓比泰樂預期的還好,
It is in a safe area, and she can get a parking space with it.
不但位在一個安全的區域,而且還附車位。
The landlord said Taylor can paint it, and she can use one bedroom for an office.
房東說泰樂可以粉刷公寓,而且她可以把一間臥房當成工作室。
Taylor has a new home!
泰樂找到新家了!
Conversation A
會話A
Hi, Taylor. How are you?
嗨,泰樂,妳好嗎?
OK. I'm still looking for an apartment, Susie.
還好。蘇希,我還在找公寓呢。
Too bad.
真糟糕。
Didn't you look at one yesterday with Rob?
妳昨天不是和羅柏去看了一間公寓嗎?
Yes, I did.
是啊,
When I looked in the bathroom, there were cockroaches in it!
可是我看浴室的時候,里面竟然有蟑螂!
Ew! I wouldn't live there!
惡!我一定不要住在那里!
That's why I'm looking at another place after work.
所以我下班后才要去看另一個地方。
Will you come with me?
妳愿意陪我去嗎?
Sure! I'd be glad to.
好啊!我很樂意。
Conversation B
會話B
This apartment is nicer than I expected.
這間公寓比我預期的還要好,
But I don't really need three bedrooms.
可是我實在不需要三間臥房。
But the rent is really good.
可是租金很便宜,
It's only $800 a month!
一個月只要八百美元!
True. And it's in a nice area.
的確,而且這個區域又很好。
It's also in a safe area.
這個區域也很安全。
There's a park down the street.
這條街過去一點就有一個公園,
You can exercise there in the evenings.
妳晚上可以去那里運動。
Yes. And I get a parking space with the apartment.
沒錯,而且這間公寓還附車位。
Conversation C
會話C
Did you find a place to live, Taylor?
泰樂,妳找到新家了嗎?
I did, Rob. It's on River Road right near the park.
找到了,羅柏, 在小河路上,就在公園附近。
The apartment is a little old.
那間公寓有點老舊,
But the landlord said I can paint it.
可是房東說我可以自己粉刷。
That's nice.
那不錯呀。
Yes! It has three bedrooms.
是啊!那間公寓有三間臥房。
I can have a guest room.
我可以把一間當成客房,
And I'll use the other bedroom for an office.
另一間當成工作室。
Sounds perfect.
聽起來很理想。
It is!
沒錯!
And best of all, no cockroaches!
最棒的是,那里沒有蟑螂!