Some call me nature.
有人稱我為大自然。
Others call me “Mother Nature.”
也有人叫我“大自然母親”。
I've been here for over 4.5 billion years.
我在這里已經超過45億年。
22,500 times longer than you.
是你們人類存在時間的22500倍。
I don't really need people. But people need me.
我真的不需要人類。但人類需要我。
Yes, your future depends on me.
是的,你的未來取決于我。
When I thrive, you thrive. When I falter, you falter. Or worse.
如果我繁盛,你們也將繁盛。如果我衰敗,你們也會衰敗或者更糟。
But I've been here for eons.
但我已經永世存在于此。
I have fed species greater than you. And I have starved species greater than you.
我養育過比你們強大得多的物種。我也曾讓比你們強大得多的物種因饑餓而亡。
My oceans. My soil. My flowing streams. My forests.
我的海洋。我的土壤。我的河流。我的森林。
They all can take you or leave you.
它們都可以左右人類的存在。
How you choose to live each day, whether you regard or disregard me, doesn't really matter to me.
你們如何選擇每天的生活,是否在意我還是無視我,我都不在乎。
One way or the other. Your actions will determine your fate. Not mine.
不管怎樣,你們的行為決定了你們的命運,不是我的。
I am nature. I will go on. I am prepared to evolve.
我是自然。我會繼續下去。我隨時準備進化。
Are you?
而你們呢?