I am coral.
我是珊瑚礁。
Some people think I'm just a rock.
有些人認為我只是巖石。
When, in fact, I'm the largest thing alive on this planet.
但事實上,我是這個星球最大的生命體。
I'm so big, I can be seen from space. But for how long?
大到從太空都可以看到我。但還能持續多久?
I grew for almost 250 million years and humans came along and now one fifth of me is gone.
我來到這里大約2.5億年后人類出現了,從那時起我已經失去了我的五分之一。
Sure, l live at the bottom of the sea. And you might not see me that often.
是的,我生活在海底,你們很少能見到我。
But you do need me.
但是你們需要我。
Do you realize that one quarter of all marine life depends on me?
你們知道有四分之一的海洋生物都依賴我生存嗎?
I am the nursery of the sea.
我是海洋生物的棲息地。
Little fish depend on me for food and to hide from the big fish.
我為小魚提供食物,為它們提供躲避大魚追捕的庇護所。
And guess who eats the big fish?
猜猜誰吃大魚呢?
That's right. You do.
是的。是你們。
I'm the protein factory for the world.
我是全世界的蛋白質工廠。
Yet you raise the temperature of the ocean so I can't live here anymore.
但你們卻讓海洋溫度不斷升高,使我無法繼續生存。
And when big storms and tsunamis barrel through the ocean, I'm your fortress.
當風暴和海嘯災大洋上呼嘯而過時,是我在為你們遮擋。
Yet you tear me apart with dynamite and poison me with cyanide.
然而你們卻用炸藥把我撕碎,用氰化物來毒害我。
Well, here's a crazy thought: Stop killing me.
我有一個瘋狂的想法:停止傷害我。