Dialogue 1
Xiao Gao: Hey, Jingjing. Geez, are you gonna sit there and watch TV all day? You're becoming a real couch potato.
小高:嗨,京晶,天哪,你就打算一直坐在那兒看一整天電視嗎?你都快變成不折不扣的懶骨頭了。
Jingjing: Hey, lay off buddy! I just got back from Kung Fu practice and I wanna relax.
京晶:老兄,你能不能不損我呀,我剛剛練完功夫回來,我想要放松一下。
Xiao Gao: Kung Fu practice? Wow, that's a shocker.
小高:你練功夫?太讓我人吃驚了。
Jingjing: What? You didn't know girls practiced martial arts too?
京晶:難道你不知道女孩子也有練功夫的嗎?
Xiao Gao: No I guess not, especially you.
小高:我還真不知道,尤其不知道你會練功夫。
Jingjing: Do you study any martial arts? I bet you'd really get a kick out of it, no pun intended.
京晶:你學過什么武術嗎?我敢說你肯定會喜歡的。真的,沒有要損你的意思啊。
Xiao Gao: I don't see the point.If someone wants to scrap with me, I'll just run away.
小高:我覺得沒有必要,如果有人想打我的話,我跑不就得了。
Jingjing: Self-defense isn't the only reason why people practice martial arts. I like it because it teaches me self-discipline,helps me relax, and gives me a great work out.
京晶:自我防御并不是人們學習武術的唯一理由,我喜歡武術是因為它能教我怎么自律,幫我放松精神,并且強身健體。
Xiao Gao: Really? Well, maybe I better starts tudying martial arts too.
小高:真的嗎?那看來我也該開始學學武術了。
Jingjing: Why not? It can't hurt!
京晶:為什么不呢?又沒有壞處。
習語短語
1. couch potato =
2. lay off =
3. shocker =
4. get a kick out of something =
5. no pun intended =
6. scrap =