Guangzhou is home to South China's largest fish market.
廣州擁有華南地區最大的水產市場
Everything's in tanks, everything's alive.
所有水產都放在水箱里,所有都是活的
Fresh, live, I mean, we're obsessed with that.
新鮮的,活的,我是說,我們為此著迷
The variety here's incredible.
這里水產的種類之多讓人震驚
Huangsha market is open 24/7 and sells 600 tonnes of seafood every day.
黃沙水產市場每周7天,一天24小時營業,每天能賣出600多噸海鮮
Oh, my gosh, that's giant prawns.
噢,天哪,這蝦真大
That's a spiny lobster.
這是一只龍蝦
That's beautiful, look at all the colouring.
它很漂亮,看看它斑斕的色彩

The food is so familiar to me,
這里的食物對于我來說非常熟悉
versus other places I've been to in China,
相對于我去過的中國的其他地方
and coming here to Canton, yeah,this is where my culinary soul is.
來到廣州,我烹飪的靈魂就在這里
Oh, my God! Alligators!
哦,天哪,鱷魚
Baby crocodiles.
小鱷魚
My gosh.Are these tasty?
天哪。這些是食用的嗎
Yes, very good
是的,很好的
where do they come from?
它們從哪來的?
They're from Thailand. From Thailand?
它們來自泰國。來自泰國?
I've eaten it. No, I've never...
我吃過。不,我從沒…
Alligator, I had it in America.
鱷魚,我在美國吃過
I've never cooked or eaten alligator steaks. Tastes like chicken.
我從沒做過或是吃過鱷魚肉。吃起來像雞肉
Wow! Wow.
哇喔!哇喔
Has he ever been bitten?
他被咬過嗎
Yeah, he's been bitten.
是的,他被咬過
Oh, my gosh, look! Turtles. Turtles!
哦,天哪,看!龜,龜!
Surely this is not for eating. Of course, it's for the pot.
這肯定不是用來吃的。它當然是用來吃的
They're not here for pets.
它們在這里不是當寵物的
I actually think it's quite cruel. Very Cantonese.
我真的覺得這十分殘忍。典型的廣州式
We don't have the same concept about things as pets,
我們對寵物有不同的概念
I think that's changing now.
我想現在也在改變
It's changing.
它是在改變
I mean, shark's fin, for example, is being banned throughout China,
我是說,比如,魚翅已經在中國被禁止
and I hope turtle soup will be on that same agenda,
我希望禁止甲魚湯也能提上議程
because I think it's cruel,
因為我認為這太殘忍了
there's just some things you just don't need to eat.
有些東西我們沒必要吃
Well, you have to look at things historically.
我們必須從歷史的角度看待問題
I mean, where people didn't have enough to eat,
人們過去沒有足夠的食物
there was a lot of famine,
有很多饑荒發生
so it's hard to judge when you don't have anything to eat.
當你沒有任何東西吃的時候,就很難判斷
I know, but times have changed, things move on,
我知道,但是時代在改變,事物在發展
like China, and like modernisation,
就像中國,就像現代化
I think the food needs to modernise, as well.
我認為食物也應該更新
Chinese tradition claims that stewed turtle cures cancer
中國的傳統文化認為清蒸甲魚可以治療癌癥
and alligator meat relieves asthma.
而鱷魚肉可以緩解哮喘
Like many of the creatures here, they're an endangered species,
想這里的很多生物一樣,它們是瀕危物種
and though the Chinese government is taking steps
盡管中國政府正采取措施
to monitor their trade, consumer culture won't change overnight.
監管對它們的交易,但消費文化不能一夜之間改變
Even a major British supermarket chain with stores in China
甚至一家英國超市在中國的連鎖店
sells and slaughters live turtles.
也售賣和宰殺活龜