On July the 20th, 2007 at the Natural History Museum in London, 1700 people picked out of a lottery of 90,000 applicants await J.K. Rowling's arrival.
2007年7月20日倫敦的自然歷史博物館從9000張申請中抽簽產生的1700名讀者等候J.K ·羅琳的到來。
You have millions of fans waiting for this book all over the world.
你有來自世界各地的百萬書迷等著這本書。
How do you deal with that level of expectation?
你怎么看待這種期望度?
It swings between, on this book, thinking: "It's the best I can do. It's how I always planned it to end.
我在兩種想法之間徘徊:一種是我已經盡力而為,這個結局一直都在我的計劃之中。
So that's gonna have to be good enough. "
所以這已經足夠好了。
And occasionally you think, "Well, how can I ever live up to this?"
但偶爾你也會想到,我怎樣才能不負眾望?
Two hours to go, Jo's in her car on the way to the launch.
還有兩小時,喬正在去首發現場的車上。
I can't believe I'm here. I'm even more excited than I thought I would be.
我不敢相信我在這里。我甚至比我想象中的更加激動。
Do you know, people queuing in Piccadilly two days ago from Belgium?
你知道嗎,有人從比利時來,在皮卡迪利大街上排了兩天隊?
I also really, really want a cigarette right now.
我當時真的想馬上來支煙。
And when I said that to Neil, he said, "Have you got one?"
我跟尼爾說的時候,他說“你有嗎”?
I should've done, but then I'd have been hooked.
我本該抽的,但要抽了就停不下來了。
Tomorrow, I would've gone out and bought 20. I am a... I can't smoke.
明天我會出去買上20支,我是個……但我不能抽。
With me, it's 40 a day or it's nothing.
對我來說,要么一天40支,要么一支也不抽。
The book is embargoed until one second past midnight.
這本書會在凌晨十二點零一秒才準開始發行。
At that point, J.K. Rowling will open Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows and begin to read.
在那時 J.K ·羅琳會打開《哈利·波特與死亡圣器》開始朗讀。