Nowhere is this more evident than in the local market.
這個本地市場就是最明顯的體現
This is exciting! It's things I've never seen before!
令人興奮,這東西我以前從沒見過
These local ladies are so elegant with their gloves
當地女士們戴上手套真優雅
This excites me. Wow, this is beautiful.
這讓我興奮不已,太漂亮了
It's our final night in Yunnan.
這是我們在云南的最后一個晚上
Ching is about to join me in Jinghong
瀞億將和我在景洪會合
so I'm picking up some local ingredients for dinner.
所以我將用一些當地的食材烹飪晚餐
Now, this is something I really wanted to try here,
現在在這里我真的很想嘗試一些東西
especially in Yunnan because Yunnan is famous for bamboo.
特別是在云南,因為以竹子而聞名
So several bamboo shoots would be nice.
所以挑一些竹筍是個不錯的主意
We have tried these noodles before,
我們之前已經嘗試過了這種面條
and I want to try one of my favourites,
我想試試我的最愛之一
these are rice-noodles as well,
這些都是米粉
and they've actually been partially cooked by steaming,
實際上它們已經被蒸得半熟
and it's again made with rice-flour and water.
再次由大米粉末以及清水制成
Oh, God, that does look like... Looks like Las Vegas!
哦,上帝,那看起來的確像拉斯維加斯
All these bright lights, and look, we've got Thailand over there.
所有這些明亮的燈光,你看,我們看到了泰國
Since rice-noodles are a specialty of Yunnan,
由于米粉是云南的特產
I'm using them to make one of my favourite dishes,
我會用它們來做我最喜歡的菜肴之一
stir fried rice-noodles with broad beans and bamboo shoots.
蠶豆竹筍炒米粉
It's really important when you cook rice-noodles
當你做米粉時,把炒鍋的味道搞對
to get the flavour of the wok right.
是非常重要的

I love that smoky gou wei, it's so great.
我喜歡冒煙的鍋味,非常棒
I'm going to add a tiny bit of this lovely chilli oil, the garlic...
我將加一點辣椒,大蒜
Wow, that is fantastic.
哇,太棒了
But what I'm going to do, I'm just going to take it out for a second,
現在要做的就是拿出來一會兒
and I'm going to stir-fry the rest of the vegetables.
煸炒剩余的蔬菜
I love it, you're a perfectionist cook like my grandmother,
我喜歡,你是一個完美主義者,像我的祖母一樣烹飪
she'd always cook each ingredient perfectly
她總是把每種成分都烹飪完美
and them bring them back into the wok to warm through,
然后把它們倒在鍋里回溫
and then add the seasoning, like you know, the soy sauce, the vinegar...
然后加調味料,比如醬油,醋…
Well, good Chinese cooking is in steps,
一道美味的中國菜必須得循序漸進一步步來
what I mean by that is you cook one thing
我的意思是當你烹煮一種東西后
and then you take it out.
就要把它取出
I'm putting in the bamboo shoots and the broad beans,
我要放進竹筍和蠶豆
adding a little bit of rice wine to that.
加入少許米酒
Lovely soy sauce!
可愛的醬油
There, we just let that cook on quite a high temperature
我們就是在相當高的溫度下烹飪
until it's sort of cooked and wilted. It looks good.
直到它有些熟了蔫了,看起來不錯
Oyster sauce.
蠔油
Yum! I love oyster sauce! Am I allowed to try some?
味道好極了,我愛蠔油,我可以嘗一下嗎
Mmmm! Oh, that's so good!
恩,太好了
That is delicious!
美味至極
This dish is really Yunnan for me, especially with this rice-noodle,
對我來說這菜真的很“云南” 特別是加了米粉
which is very unusual, soft, and...
變得非同尋常,柔軟,并且…
Mmmm. It's really delicious.
恩,真是美味
Ching, I don't know about you, but even with all this incredible change
瀞億,我不知道你怎么樣,但即使這些難以置信的變化
in this place, I don't think the food will change!
在這個地方,我認為食物也不會改變
Simply because of its long tradition.
很簡單,因為這里悠久的傳統
They're so proud of their produce, and for me,
他們以自己勞動所得為傲,對我來說
the way when I saw the tea farmers farm their farm, and you know,
當我看到茶農耕種自己的茶園,你知道
if that tradition has been going for thousands of years, I know for sure,
如果這種傳統已經持續了幾千年,那么我敢肯定
tea and food go hand in hand, their food will absolutely be preserved.
因為茶葉和食物是相輔相成的,他們的食物絕對會得以保存
It's so good. Cheers, Ken!
這很好,干杯,老譚
To Yunnan, and its food, and its people.
為了云南,她的食物以及她的人民
And to pu-erh tea, and the beer. Yes! Absolutely.
也為了普洱茶和啤酒。是的,絕對是
And Disneyland. Disneyland!
還有迪士尼樂園。迪士尼樂園