Lesson 9 Travel
第九課 旅行
December 18
12月18日
Mark's Ticket Home
返鄉車票
Read it!
讀讀看!
Jim is taking the train to visit his family.
吉姆要搭火車去探望他的家人,
Train travel costs extra at Christmastime.
在圣誕節期間乘火車旅行要額外加價。
Mark needs a plane ticket to Texas.
馬克需要一張去德州的機票,
But there are no tickets available.
但是買不到機票,
The flights sold out earlier this week.
所有的班機在這星期的前幾天就賣光了。
Now Mark needs to get to Texas another way.
現在馬克需要用另外一種方法到德州去,
Can he take the train or bus?
他可以搭火車或是巴士嗎?
No. Those are too crowded.
不行, 那些方式都太擠了。
What can Mark do?
馬克要怎么辦?
Conversation A
會話A
Hi, Rob! Are you ready for Christmas?
嗨,羅柏!你準備好要過圣誕節了嗎?
I can't wait! Christmas is the best time of the year.
我等不及了! 圣誕節是一年中最棒的時節了。
Will you visit your family, Jim?
吉姆,你會去探望你的家人嗎?
Yes. I am taking the train to California.
會,我會坐火車去加州。
That sounds fun.
聽起來很好玩,
Were the tickets expensive?
火車票貴嗎?
Yes. They cost extra this time of year.
蠻貴的,在這段時間火車票要加價。
Hi, guys. Are you talking about plane tickets?
嗨,你們好,你們在談機票嗎?
Conversation B
會話B
We're talking about train tickets.
我們在談火車票。
Oh.
喔。
I need a plane ticket.
我需要一張機票,
I want to go to Texas for Christmas.
我想去德州過圣誕節。
Did you go online to get a ticket?
你有上網去買機票嗎?
I tried this morning.
我今天早上試過了,
But there are no tickets available.
但是完全沒有機票。
Why not?
為什么沒有機票?
The tickets all sold out.
機票都賣完了。
Oh, no.
喔,糟了。
Flights sell out fast at Christmas.
圣誕節期間機票很快就賣完了。
Conversation C
會話C
What will you do, Mark?
馬克,那你要怎么辦?
I don't know.
我不知道。
I need to find a way to Texas.
我需要找到另一個回德州的方式,
I want to see my family this Christmas.
今年圣誕節我想要見到我的家人。
Maybe you can take the bus.
或許你可以搭巴士。
I don't want to take the bus.
我不想搭巴士,
The bus is crowded.
巴士很擠。
Then you won't like train travel, either.
那你也不會想要坐火車旅行,
The train is also crowded.
火車也是很擠。