It's November, 2006.
這是2006年11月。
J.K.Rowling is working in secret on the final chapters of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows in a hotel room in Edinburgh.
J.K.羅琳正在愛丁堡的某家酒店秘密地寫著《哈利·波特與死亡圣器》的最后章節。
Yeah, I've helpfully made the note for myself:"This will need very serious planning."
是啊,我給自己寫下了備忘:“要經過周密盤算才能落筆”。
I don't know when I wrote that.
我不知道什么時候寫的這個。
And I was quite right in that.
而我當時的那想法太對了。
The Harry Potter series has taken 17 years to write.
哈利·波特系列的書寫跨過了17個年頭。
It's an epic saga of childhood confusion, danger and adventure.
這是一部關于童年迷惘、危險和冒險的史詩巨著。
But it's more than just a children's story.
但它不僅僅是一個兒童故事。
Behind the witchcraft and the wizardry lies an intensely moral fable about good and evil, love and hatred, life and death.
在魔法和奇幻的背后包藏著一個嚴肅的道德寓言,關于善良與邪惡,愛與恨,生與死。
My name is James Runcie. I'm a writer and a filmmaker.
我的名字叫做詹姆士·朗西。我是一位作家和制片人。
And I want to find out the secret of J.K. Rowling's success.
我想找到J.K.羅琳成功的秘密。
How has she done it? And where has it all come from?
她是如何完成這部巨著的?而這一切的靈感又來自哪里?
This is J.K. Rowling's country house in Perthshire.
這里是J.K.羅琳在佩斯郡的鄉村別墅。
Once inside, I decided to start the film by asking a few direct questions.
在步入其中的那一刻,我就決定以一串問題直入而開始我們的影片。
What's your favorite virtue? Courage.
你最欣賞的品德是什么?勇敢。
What vice to do you most despise? Bigotry.
你最鄙夷的惡習是什么? 偏執。
What are you most willing to forgive? Gluttony.
你最愿意寬恕的行為是什么? 饕餮。
What's your most marked characteristic? I'm a trier.
你最顯著的特點是什么? 我很努力。
What are you most afraid of? Losing someone I love.
你最懼怕的是什么? 失去所愛的人。
What's the quality you most like in a man? Morals.
對于一個男人,你最喜歡的品質是什么?道德。
What's the quality you most like in a woman? Generosity.
對于一個女人,你最喜歡的品質是什么?慷慨大度。
What do you most value about your friends?Tolerance.
你對朋友最看重的是什么?寬容。
What's your principal defect? Short fuse.
你最主要的缺點是什么?急躁易怒。
What's your favorite occupation? Writing.
你最喜愛的職業是什么?寫作。
What's your dream of happiness? Happy family.
最大的幸福是什么?幸福家庭。