Computers are good at doing things but not at figuring out the ways to do them
電腦很擅長做事 但是并不擅長思考做事的方法
It takes a lot of effort on the part of manufactures
這方面需要制造者花大力氣解決
Now of course, we're speaking to our phones
當然了 現在我們能跟手機對話
How far is it from Berkeley to Boston?
從伯克利到波士頓有多遠?
How far is it from Berkeley to Dallas?
從伯克利到達拉斯有多遠?
And I'm kind of shock when it says we're closer to Dallas
而我聽到手機說我們離達拉斯更近的時候很是驚訝
Will computers ever be conscious?
電腦會產生自己的意識嗎?
They'll be really true friends, they'll know your heart and soul better than you do
若是這樣 他們會成為真正的朋友 比你們自己還要了解你們的所思所想
Your little phone, will that happen?
就是你們手中的手機 會發生那種事情嗎?
I used to say no, computers, we don't know how the brain's wired
我過去認為是不可能的 電腦 因為我們不知道人腦的構造
we'll never figure out how to make a computer come up with the method to solve a problem they could only follow our methods
我們也就無從得知如何制造出 一臺能自己想出解決問題的辦法的電腦 它們只能按照我們的指令行事
I'm staring to dis... to not believe that
我開始不 我開始不相信這種話了
I'm starting to think... we're gonna find computers consciousness cause we're getting closer and closer
我在想 我們會發現電腦也有思想 因為我們離這一步越來越近了
You used to ask a smart person, a university professor,
你們過去遇到很難的問題都會去問聰明人
a difficult question and now you ask someone whose name starts Go and it's not God
問大學教授 而現在你們會去問一個以Go開頭的人 而且不是上帝
So, so we didn't design the Internet or any of these computers to replace the brain but it sort of happen,
也就是說我們設計了互聯網和電腦 并不想讓它們來代替人腦 但事情就是這樣
we discover the huge amount of information of the world and processing ability
我們發掘了世界上的大量信息和運算能力
and sorting it and searching, all of a sudden, that replaces a lot of stuff we used to use brains for
并將其分類排序 對其搜索 忽然之間 替我們完成了很多過去用腦力來做的事情
A lot of changes coming for the future
未來會有很多改變
You have to find your own keys to your happiness in life
你們需要找到通向自己幸福的鑰匙
Keys that work for myself or a friend aren't gonna necessarily be the right keys for you, it's in you
對我或者對你們的朋友來說有用的 不一定對你們也適用 還得靠你們自己
One of the things is, you don't have to win arguements
有一件事要記得 不一定非要在爭論中獲勝
You just have to win it inside yourself
你只需要在自己心中獲勝即可
Know that your way of thinking is right and good by your standards and if somebody thinks in a different way, that's fine, you can still be good and friends
知道你的思維方式按自己的標準來說是正確的 是好的 如果別人用另一種方式思考 也沒問題 你們仍然可以做朋友
Even if somebody hurt you, you can treat them kindly
就算有人傷害了你 你也可以善待他們
If they say bad things to you, you can say nice things back
即使他們對你出言不遜 你仍可以對他們說些好話