應聘面試。我們將學習全程英文與雇主交談,并著重回答兩個雇主的提問,“你能細致講講你在上一家公司的經歷嗎?” “是什么吸引你來我們公司應聘呢?” 如何像一個專業人士一樣,談吐有點有面,不卑不亢又做足功課,給你的面試加分。離職解雇。當老板突然告知你被炒,你如何與老板據理力爭,說清原委。此段對話也適用于負責人事管理的在職人員。
Dialogue 1:
(Jingjing is invited for her first interview with the HR department of alarge software company)
(京晶被一家大型軟件公司人力部門邀請參加第一次面試)
Xiao Gao: Thank you for coming, Jingjing, I've run through your resume and I've got a few questions to ask you.
小高:感謝你的到來,京晶,我已經看過了你的簡歷,我有一些問題想問你。
Jingjing: Yes, of course.
京晶:當然可以,請問。
Xiao Gao: I'm sure that the prerequisites for this position include 2years experience developing business software. You come off strong in that area, could you elaborate a little about your experiences with your previous employer?
小高:申請這個工作的前提條件是有兩年開發商業軟件的工作經歷。在這個方面你已經非常有優勢了,你能再細致講講你在上一家公司的經歷嗎?
Jingjing: Well, as I've mentioned, I left that company early as they were starting to cut corners and that was affecting the quality of our work.
京晶:就像我在簡歷中提到的,我早早地離開了上一家公司是因為他們開始消減開支,這已經影響了工作的質量。
Xiao Gao: So you want to find an organization that holds promise for you in the long run?
小高:所以你想找一家機構能長遠地給你品質上的保證?
Jingjing: Yes, I've got my eye on the big picture and my previous employer's policy was coming to be at odds with where I want to go with my career.
京晶:是的,我要從大局考慮。我上一家雇主的決策已經和我自己的職業規劃產生了矛盾。
Xiao Gao: What is the attraction in possibly working for our organization?
小高:是什么吸引你來我們公司應聘呢?
Jingjing: I've got to say that I'm drawn to the quality of your products and services, and your reputation precedes you.
京晶:我得說是你們公司產品的質量和服務吸引了我,還有你們的品牌美譽度。
Xiao Gao: It's a mean business and customer service is what sets us apart. Even internally, we operate quite differently from other companies. The onus is on teamwork and collective production.
小高:這是一個不太規范的產業,是好的客戶服務將我們與其他公司區分開來。就連我們的內部運轉也和其他公司有所不同。責任是落在團隊合作和集體生產力上的。
Jingjing: I know, your HR policies are a benchmark in the industry,something I'd like to learn more about.
京晶:我知道,你們的人事條例是產業中的標桿,我非常希望從中好好學習。
習語短語
1. run through = 檢驗,瀏覽
2. prerequisites = 前提條件
3. come off strong = 在某方面做得非常好
4. cut corners = 削減開支,偷工減料
5. in the long run = 長遠地
6. the big picture = 全局,遠景
7. at odds = 矛盾地
8. reputation precedes (someone) = 聲名遠揚的,在見到某人之前就已經聽過他的好名聲
9. a mean business = 殘忍的、不道德的運作模式;不規范的運作模式
10. sets us apart = 使某人某事不同于其他同類
11. onus = 職責和責任
12. benchmark = 標準,標桿