過了一個金融市場驚心動魄的周末,無數人的腦子里還繃著緊弦迎接這個周一。各種信息漫天飛,孰真孰假,也只有等市場來說話。京晶和小高在這個周一也討論起了當前的經濟狀況,今日的經濟關鍵詞有:泡沫,繁榮,衰退,投資,冒險,保守,房產…好像狠赤激的樣紙!Player 你們懂的 …
Dialogue
(Jingjing and Xiao Gao share thoughts on today's economy)
(京晶和小高正在討論當前的經濟狀況)
Xiao Gao: What do youthink, Jingjing, are we in a bubble?
小高:京晶,你覺得我們現在是經濟泡沫嗎?
Jingjing: We need to wait out the year, 2015 will tell us, it's going to be boom or bust, that's for sure.
京晶:這得等等看,要到2015年才能確切知道經濟到底是會繁榮還是衰退。
Xiao Gao: Bust? In Beijing? You're crazy, we may be over-heated, but I don't think that the bottom will drop out.
小高:衰退?北京?你瘋了嗎?我們只可能經濟過熱,肯定不會下降的。
Jingjing: I don't know,the jury is out on that one, only time will tell. What about you? You own an apartment, don't you?
京晶:我不知道,現在還不能下定論,只有時間能告訴我們。話說你有一處房產對不對?
Xiao Gao: Yea we bought-in when things were affordable, but if we were buying today, I'd be shut-out.
小高:是的,我們是在房價還能承擔得起的時候買入的。但是如果我們今天要買,肯定就沒戲了。
Jingjing: I know what you mean, I missed the boat, but to be honest, I could never buy property unless the house was a good size piece of land, that's what real estate means to me.
京晶:我完全明白,我已經錯失機會了,但是說實話,如果房地產不是建在一塊大小合適的土地上的話我是不會買的。
Xiao Gao: We're a ways off from that situation here in China, but it's coming slowly. How about the financial markets, are you a player?
小高:以中國的現狀來看,我們離這個理想還差得遠呢。不過總會慢慢實現的。那金融市場呢,你投資嗎?
Jingjing: Huh! On my salary? I've got no disposable income and even if I did, I think I'm too conservative to take that kind of gamble.
京晶:就憑我的工資?我沒有多余的錢,就算我有,我也太過傳統,不敢像那樣賭博。
Xiao Gao: Public trading is pretty well-regulated these days and it's attracting a lot more investors.
小高:其實現在的金融市場已經很規范了,并且吸引了很多投資者。
Jingjing: Still, it's too high a risk for me, so as far as investments go, I'm kind of stuck in between the lines.
京晶:但是對我來說還是太冒險了,一說到投資,我就只有遠觀的份兒了。
習語短語
1. bubble = 經濟泡沫,指繁榮景象只是表面現象
2. boom or bust = 上升或下降,成功或失敗
3. The botton will drop out. = 市場驟降。
4. The jury is out. = (法律中指陪審團成員還沒有表決完回到法庭上)指還不能夠下定論,結果還懸而未決。
5. to buy-in = 買入,投資金融市場
6. shut-out = 不能參與某事,做某事沒有希望
7. to miss the boat = 失去機會
8. a ways off = 離某個目標還遠著呢
9. disposable income = 多余的錢,指個人收入扣除生活必要花費以外的錢
10. in between the lines = (每行文字間的空白處)這里指處于不做為、不活動的狀態