What strikes me about how I and other people drink
最令我吃驚的是
is how much that reveals about us.
飲酒習慣也是我們生活的寫照
It seems to me we can chart our lives in relation to alcohol.
它似乎決定我們的生活軌跡
And alcohol in a sense has a sort of life cycle.
飲酒似乎 也有一定的生命周期
And maybe the reasons that we can think of
也許飲酒的原因
for drinking changed as we change.
會隨著人們的變化而變化
But if you just picked somebody randomly off the street
但是如果你從大街上隨意挑出幾個人
and said to them "OK tell me your drinking...style "
并要他們談談各自的飲酒習慣
you would learn a lot about their life.
你也會多少了解他們
The interesting thing about this relationship
這種聯系的有趣之處在于
is that its not universal.
每個人飲酒的原因都不同
But I know from my work with other drugs that very often
不過根據我研究其他成癮品的經驗來看
patterns emerge that define the type of user you are.
確實會出現不同類別的服用者
So can each of us be defined as a particular type of drinker?
那么會有不同類別的飲酒者嗎
Do we fit into different tribes?
飲酒者可以被分類嗎
The most compelling evidence has come not from humans
最好的證據并非來自于人類
but from some of our nearest relatives.
而是我們的近親