艾米莉:我覺得杰克遜看起來有點沮喪。
Shivan:How can you tell?
斯旺:你怎么看出來的?
Emily:Well, he's been suffering from a loss of appetite and is generally lethargic.
艾米莉:嗯,他一直食欲不振,而且經常昏昏欲睡。
Shivan:Have you noticed any other symptoms?
斯旺:你還注意到其他癥狀嗎?
Emily:He seems to have trouble concentrating and has insomnia.
艾米莉:他似乎很難集中注意力,還有失眠。
Shivan:Um, really?
斯旺:嗯,真的嗎?
Emily:Yes, and I'm afraid he's having suicidal thoughts.
艾米莉:是的,恐怕他有自殺的念頭。
He seems distant and distracted,staring off into space.
他看起來很冷漠而且疏遠他人, 總是一個人在那里發呆。
He's not his usual self.
他不是平常的自己。
Shivan:How can you tell?
斯旺:你怎么看出來的?
Emily:What do you mean?
艾米莉:你是什么意思?
Shivan:I mean, he looks the same to me.
斯旺:我的意思是,在我看來,他沒什么不一樣。
He just swims back and forth in the fish tank.
他只是在魚缸游來游去。
Emily:Just look at him.
艾米莉:你看看他。
He's on the edge of mental collapse!
他已經瀕臨精神崩潰的邊緣!
Shivan:Somebody is.
斯旺:某人才是這樣。