64. Speaking the Same Language
第64課 說同樣的語言
Sally is talking with her friend, Don. (S=Sally; D=Don)
莎莉正在和她的朋友唐講話。
Tell me, Don. How come you're from Spain but you can't speak Spanish very well?
告訴我, 唐。為什么你是個西班牙人但西班牙語卻說得不怎么好?
It's not my mother tongue. My father is Spanish and my mother is American.
那不是我的母語。我爸爸是西班牙人而我媽媽是美國人。
We usually speak English at home.
我們在家通常都說英語。
Oh, I see.
哦, 我明白了。
Your Spanish is probably better than mine.
你的西班牙語可能比我的好。
Yes, but you speak English more fluently than I.
對啊, 可是你英語說得比我流利。
How come? Aren't you American?
怎么會這樣呢?你不是美國人嗎?
Yes, but my mother is Spanish.
對, 可是我媽媽是西班牙人。
Don't tell me...
那該不會……
That's right. We usually speak Spanish at home.
沒錯。我們在家大都講西班牙語。
It doesn't matter as long as we can communicate.
只要我們能溝通就無所謂啦。
That's true.
說的一點兒沒錯。