聽力中英文本如下:
王穎故事:Being a new Mom
Jessica: 最近你家小寶貝怎樣?
Jessica: Hey! How's your baby girl doing these days?
橙子媽:會說簡單的詞了,真好聽!
橙子媽:She’s started picking up some words now, how cute they are!
Jessica:她說什么了?
Jessica: What did she say?
橙子媽:我教她數數,可她只能數到2,于是就不斷的重復1,2,1,2…
橙子媽:I taught her to count from one to ten, but she can just count to two, so she repeated one two one two over and over again.
Jessica:真是太有趣了!
Jessica: Ah! She's so cute!
橙子媽:是的,時間真快啊!感覺自己娃都還沒當夠呢,就當媽了。
橙子媽:Yeah, How time flies ! You know,I’m still feeling like a child, but I have my own kid now.
Jessica:當媽什么感覺?
Jessica: How’s it feel to be a new mother?
橙子媽:我發現娃長得還不像我,所以還沒完全進入角色呢!
橙子媽:The baby doesn't look like me, so I haven’t completely gotten into the role!
Jessica: 看來你家娃確實是她爸的翻版啊~
Jessica: You mean your baby looks more like her dad now?
橙子媽:是啊,想起一年前生娃的情景還并不遙遠,彷佛就在昨天呢。
橙子媽:Yeah, I think so. And to me the scene of giving birth is still clear in my mind.
Jessica: 我能問問,你是順產還是剖腹產?
Jessica: Would you mind if I 'm asked, did you give birth naturally or have a c-section?
橙子媽:順產的,沒打麻藥,我自己都佩服自己呢!
橙子媽:Natural labor without anesthesia, I’m proud of myself!
Jessica:哇,你太牛了!
Jessica: Wow, you’re awesome!
橙子媽:那天晚上,我還在睡夢中呢,忽然覺得不對勁,我忙搖醒老公說:“老公,我好像破水了”。
橙子媽:I still remembered the night when I was in my dream, and I started feeling something wrong, and I shook my husband and said ,“Honey, my water broke! ”
Jessica: 你老公一定很緊張吧?
Jessica: Your husband must have freaked out?
橙子媽:是的,我們迅速打車去了醫院。一到醫院,醫生說:“你不知道破水后要叫救護車送過來嗎?” 我說:“不知道啊?產檢時醫生從來沒說過呢!”
橙子媽:Yes, he did. And then we rushed to the hospital by taxi. Once we arrived, the doctor said,“ Don’t you know you should have called an ambulance after the water broke?” And I answered,“I didn’t know that, the doctors never told me during the antenatal examination. ”
Jessica: 生孩子疼嗎?
Jessica: Did it hurt when giving birth?
橙子媽:生孩子哪有不疼的?醫生對其他準媽媽們說:你們不要吵了,會影響寶寶的,聽到這里,我暗自下定決心,一會無論多痛都不哭,要給寶寶一個勇敢、樂觀的態度。
橙子媽:Needless to say! The doctor said to other pregnant mothers , “Stop crying, you are disturbing the babies.” On hearing this, I promised myself that I will be quiet no matter how hard it is to bring an attitude of bravery and optimism to my baby.
Jessica:生產過程順利嗎?
Jessica: Did you have a smooth delivery ?
橙子媽:比較快的,四十多分鐘,寶寶挺配合地要出來,老公也進產房支持我,所以很快生好了。醫生抱著寶寶問我“猜猜是男孩還是女孩?”,我說“女孩”!
橙子媽:Pretty fast! It only took a little over than 40 minutes.The baby came out co-operatively, because my husband stayed by my side, I gave birth smoothly. And then the doctor held the baby and asked me “Guess a boy or girl?”“It’s a girl” I answered.
Jessica:寶寶太可愛了,什么時候再要一個啊?
Jessica: The baby is so cute, when will you have another one?
橙子媽:這個問題,太遙遠了,我還沒準備好呢!我還享受著做母親的樂趣呢!此時我只想說:感謝我的寶寶,謝謝你讓我做你的媽媽!感恩!
橙子媽: Someday probably, but I am not ready for that now. I am still enjoying being a mom! I just wanna say:Thank you my baby girl, thank you for having me be your mother. I really appreciate it.
New words for dialogue:
How's it feelto(do)=(問句)做某事感覺如何?
Anesthesia = 麻藥
C-section = 剖腹產
My water broke = 我破水了
Freak out = to become really worried 焦慮、緊張
Ambulance=救護車
Pregnant=懷孕的
Give birth to ababy=生孩子、生產、分娩
Smooth delivery =順利的生產過程