日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 雙語有聲讀物 > 福爾摩斯探案全集 > 福爾摩斯探案之血字的研究 > 正文

血字的研究(MP3+中英字幕) 第8期:演繹法(3)

來源:可可英語 編輯:max ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

拉小提琴的福爾摩斯

I was on the point of asking him what that work might be,

我幾乎就要問他,他的工作究竟是什么的時候,
but something in his manner showed me that the question would be an unwelcome one.
我從他的態度中看出來,這個問題也許會引其他的不高興。
I pondered over our short conversation, however, and endeavoured to draw my deductions from it.
于是我便把我們的短短談話考慮了一番,盡力想從這里邊得出一些可資推論的線索來。
He said that he would acquire no knowledge which did not bear upon his object.
他說他不愿去追求那些與他所研究的東西無關的知識,
Therefore all the knowledge which he possessed was such as would be useful to him.
因此他所具有的一切知識,當然都是對他有用的了。
I enumerated in my own mind all the various points upon which he had shown me that he was exceptionally well informed.
我就在心中把他所了解得特別深的學科一一列舉出來,
I even took a pencil and jotted them down. I could not help smiling at the document when I had completed it.
而且用鉛筆把它寫了出來。寫完了一看,我忍不住笑了。
It ran in this way:
原來是這樣:
Sherlock Holmes–his limits
歇洛克·福爾摩斯的學識范圍
1.Knowledge of Literature--Nil.
1.文學知識--無
2.Knowledge of Philosophy-–Nil.
2.哲學知識——無。
3.Knowledge of Astronomy-–Nil.
3.天文學知識——無。
4.Knowledge of Politics-–Feeble.
4.政治學知識——淺薄。
5.Knowledge of Botany-–Variable.
5.植物學知識——不全面,
Well up in belladonna, opium,and poisons generally. Knows nothing of practical gardening.
但對于莨蓿制劑和鴉片卻知之甚詳。對毒劑有一般的了解,而對于實用園藝學卻一無所知。
6. Knowledge of Geology.–-Practical, but limited.
6.地質學知識--偏于實用,但也有限。
Tells at a glance different soils from each other.
但他一眼就能分辨出不同的土質。
After walks has shown me splashes upon his trousers,
他在散步回來后,曾把濺在他的褲子上的泥點給我看,
and told me by their colour and consistence in what part of London he had received them.
并且能根據泥點的顏色和堅實程度說明是在倫敦什么地方濺上的。
7.Knowledge of Chemistry--Profound.
7.化學知識--精深。
8.Knowledge of Anatomy--Accurate, but unsystematic.
8.解剖學知識--準確,但無系統。
9.Knowledge of Sensational Literature--Immense.
9.驚險文學——很廣博,
He appears toknow every detail of every horror perpetrated in the century.
他似乎對近一世紀中發生的一切恐怖事件都深知底細。
10.Plays the violin well.
10.提琴拉得很好。
11.Is an expert singlestick player, boxer, and swordsman.
11.善使棍棒,也精于刀劍拳術。
12.Has a good practical knowledge of British law.
12.關于英國法律方面,他具有充分實用的知識。
When I had got so far in my list I threw it into the fire in despair.
我寫了這些條,很覺失望。我把它扔在火里,
“If I can only find what the fellow is driving at by reconciling all these accomplishments,
自言自語地說:"如果我把這些本領一一聯系起來,
and discovering a calling which needs them all,” I said to myself,
以求找出一種需要所有這些本領的行業來,
“I may as well give up the attempt at once.”
那我還不如馬上放棄這種企圖為妙。"
I see that I have alluded above to his powers upon the violin.
我記得在前面曾提到過他拉提琴的本事。
These were very remarkable, but as eccentric as all his other accomplishments.
他提琴拉得很出色,但也象他的其他本領一樣,有些古怪出奇之處。
That he could play pieces, and difficult pieces, I knew well,
我深知他能拉出一些曲子,而且還是一些很難拉的曲子。
because at my request he has played me some of Mendelssohn’s Lieder, and other favourites.
因為在我的請求之下,他曾經為我拉過幾支門德爾松的短歌和一些他所喜愛的曲子。
When left to himself, however, he would seldom produce any music or attempt any recognized air.
可是當他獨自一人的時候,他就難得會拉出什么象樣的樂曲或是大家所熟悉的調子了。
Leaning back in his armchair of an evening, he would close his eyes and scrape carelessly at the fiddle which was thrown across his knee.
黃昏時,他靠在扶手椅上,閉上眼睛,信手彈弄著平放在膝上的提琴。
Sometimes the chords were sonorous and melancholy.
有時琴聲高亢而憂郁,
Occasionally they were fantastic and cheerful.
有時又古怪而歡暢。
Clearly they reflected the thoughts which possessed him, but whether the music aided those thoughts,
顯然,這些琴聲反映了當時支配著他的某種思潮,不過這些曲調是否助長了他的這種思潮,
or whether the playing was simply the result of a whim or fancy, was more than I could determine.
或者僅僅是一時興之所至,我就無法斷言了。
I might have rebelled against these exasperating solos had it not been that he usually terminated them
對于他的那些刺耳的獨奏,我感到十分不耐煩;
by playing in quick succession a whole series of my favourite airs as a slight compensation for the trial upon my patience.
如果不是他常常在這些曲子之后,接連拉上幾支我喜愛的曲子,作為對我耐心的小小補償,我真要暴跳起來。

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
opium ['əupjəm]

想一想再看

n. 鴉片,麻醉劑

 
glance [glɑ:ns]

想一想再看

v. 一瞥,掃視,匆匆一看,反光,閃爍,掠過

 
whim [wim]

想一想再看

n. 一時的興致,突然的念頭;奇想,幻想

聯想記憶
sensational [sen'seiʃənəl]

想一想再看

adj. 使人感動的,非常好的,轟動的,聳人聽聞的

 
fantastic [fæn'tæstik]

想一想再看

adj. 極好的,難以置信的,奇異的,幻想的

 
document ['dɔkjumənt]

想一想再看

n. 文件,公文,文檔
vt. 記載,(用文件

聯想記憶
unwelcome [ʌn'welkəm]

想一想再看

adj. 不受歡迎的 n. 冷淡

 
violin [.vaiə'lin]

想一想再看

n. 小提琴

 
remarkable [ri'mɑ:kəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 顯著的,異常的,非凡的,值得注意的

聯想記憶
slight [slait]

想一想再看

adj. 輕微的,微小的,纖細的,脆弱的
vt

 
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 邵雨薇电影| 搜狐搜狐| 夜店 电影| 抗日电影大突围完整版| 刘洋演员| deaf dj课文翻译| 《欲望中的女人》| 爱人的眼睛是第八大洋什么意思?| 小娘惹第二部电视剧免费观看| cctv6 节目表| 爱妃直播| 福禄寿| 贾林| 河南电视台卫星频道| 以家人之名小说原著| 玫瑰的故事图片| 第一财经在线直播电视| 一个月经代表七个版本| 女生摸女生的胸| 五年级上数学第一单元试卷 | 王韧| 都市频道在线直播观看| 飞艇全天精准计划软件| p333的图片| 包公大战潘金莲| 冬去春来电视剧| 刀光剑影| 林安| 山楂树之恋电影剧情简介| 地理填充图册| 男同性恋免费视频| 男生帅气动漫头像| 女明星曝光| 吻激情| 二年级aab词语| 子宫前壁和子宫后壁的区别| 马修·麦克费登| 员工的秘密| 黄明昊身高| 草神纳西妲图片| wall.e|