They have not been trained.
他們沒接受過訓練。
So do you need 50,000 hours of meditation? No, you don't.
你需要五萬小時的冥想嗎?不,不需要的。
Four weeks, 20 minutes a day, of caring, mindfulness meditation already brings a structural change in the brain compared to a control group.
與對照組相比,每天20分鐘,持續4周的關愛、正念冥想訓練會使大腦結構發生改變。
That's only 20 minutes a day for four weeks.
只需每天20分鐘,持續四周。
Even with preschoolers -- Richard Davidson did that in Madison.
甚至幼兒園的孩子也能發生這樣的改變, 理查德?戴維森在麥迪遜市做過實驗。
An eight-week program: gratitude, loving- kindness, cooperation, mindful breathing.
八星期長的項目:感恩、關愛、合作與呼吸訓練。
You would say, Oh, they're just preschoolers.
你會說,他們只是幼兒園的孩子啊。
Look after eight weeks,the pro-social behavior, that's the blue line.
八星期之后,親社會的行為,是這根藍色線。
And then comes the ultimate scientific test, the stickers test.
然后是終極的科學實驗,貼紙測試。
Before, you determine for each child who is their best friend in the class,their least favorite child, an unknown child, and the sick child,and they have to give stickers away.
在訓練前,確定每個孩子在班里最好的朋友,最不喜歡的伙伴,不認識的小孩, 還有生病的小孩,每個孩子都要把手中的貼紙分發出去。
So before the intervention, they give most of it to their best friend.
在訓練介入之前,孩子手中的貼紙 大部分都給了最好的朋友。
Four, five years old, 20 minutes three times a week.
四五歲的孩子,一周三次, 一次20分鐘的訓練。
After the intervention, no more discrimination:
訓練之后,不再有區別對待:
the same amount of stickers to their best friend and the least favorite child.
孩子手中的貼紙等同地分給了 他們最好的朋友和最不喜歡的朋友。
That's something we should do in all the schools in the world.
我們需要把這個培訓帶給全世界的學校。
Now where do we go from there?
我們接下來要怎么做?
When the Dalai Lama heard that, he told Richard Davidson,You go to 10 schools, 100 schools, the U.N., the whole world.
當達賴喇嘛聽到了我的想法,他告訴理查德戴維森,從1個學校到10個,再到100個, 到聯合國,到全世界。
So now where do we go from there?
我們接下來要怎么做?
Individual change is possible.
個人的變化是可能的。
Now do we have to wait for an altruistic gene to be in the human race?
我們還要等人類基因中出現利他基因嗎?
That will take 50,000 years, too much for the environment.
這還需要五萬年,環境等不了這么久。
Fortunately, there is the evolution of culture.
幸運的是,文化也可以進化。
Cultures, as specialists have shown, change faster than genes.
文化,正如學者們指出的, 要比基因變化快得多。
That's the good news.
這是好消息。
Look, attitude towards war has dramatically changed over the years.
你們看,相比過去, 人們對于戰爭的態度已發生了天翻地覆的變化。
So now individual change and cultural change mutually fashion each other,and yes, we can achieve a more altruistic society.
個人的變化與文化的變化相輔相成,沒錯,我們能實現利他社會。
So where do we go from there?
接下來要怎么做?
Myself, I will go back to the East.
我要回到東邊,
Now we treat 100,000 patients a year in our projects.
目前我們的一個行動每年救助十萬個患者。
We have 25,000 kids in school, four percent overhead.
我們的學校里有兩萬五千個孩子。
Some people say, Well, your stuff works in practice,but does it work in theory?
有些人說,你所做的一切在實踐中可行,但有理論支持嗎?
There's always positive deviance.
總是會有些偏差,
So I will also go back to my hermitage to find the inner resources to better serve others.
因此我常常獨自一人思索,追尋我的內心,來更好的幫助他人。
But on the more global level, what can we do?
在全球范圍內,我們能做些什么?
We need three things.
我們需要做好三件事。
Enhancing cooperation:
加強合作:
Cooperative learning in the school instead of competitive learning,
在學校里倡導合作式學習,而不是競爭式學習;
Unconditional cooperation within corporations there can be some competition between corporations, but not within.
在企業里鼓勵無條件的合作,企業間可以有競爭,但不是企業內部。
We need sustainable harmony. I love this term.
我們需要持續的和諧,我喜歡這個詞。
Not sustainable growth anymore.
不是持續的發展。
Sustainable harmony means now we will reduce inequality.
持續的和諧意味著消除不平等。
In the future, we do more with less,
未來,我們要以少及多,
and we continue to grow qualitatively, not quantitatively.
追求高質的發展,而不是高量的發展。
We need caring economics.
我們需要充滿關愛的經濟。
The Homo economicus cannot deal with poverty in the midst of plenty,
守舊的人無法解決貧富不均的問題,
cannot deal with the problem of the common goods of the atmosphere, of the oceans.
無法解決公共福利的問題,無法解決大氣和海洋的問題。
We need a caring economics.
我們需要充滿關愛的經濟。
If you say economics should be compassionate,
如果你說經濟應該充滿關懷,
they say, That's not our job.
他們會說,這不關我的事。
But if you say they don't care, that looks bad.
你要告訴他們,如果他們不在乎, 看起來很糟。
We need local commitment, global responsibility.
我們不但要對周邊履行承諾和責任, 還要著眼整個世界。
We need to extend altruism to the other 1.6 million species.
我們需要把利他精神 傳播給其他一百六十萬種生物。
Sentient beings are co-citizens in this world.
我們都是一家人。
and we need to dare altruism.
我們要敢于弘揚利他精神。
So, long live the altruistic revolution.
愿利他精神得以恩澤天下。
Viva la revoluci貿n de altruismo.
愿利他精神得以恩澤天下。
Thank you.
謝謝。