日韩色综合-日韩色中色-日韩色在线-日韩色哟哟-国产ts在线视频-国产suv精品一区二区69

手機APP下載

您現在的位置: 首頁 > 英語聽力 > 英語演講 > Twitter創始人Jack Dorsey演講 > 正文

Twitter創始人Jack Dorsey演講(MP3+中英字幕) 第1期:對實時數據的狂熱

來源:可可英語 編輯:max ?  可可英語APP下載 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


掃描二維碼進行跟讀打分訓練

Twitter創始人Jack Dorsey

When I was growing up,

雖然我已經長大
But it was still a joy and a wonder to me.
我還是對它很好奇,覺得它很有趣
You had skyscrapers and
它具有摩天大樓
you had all of this hidden energy.
和所有這些隱藏的能量
Just walking around,you could feel something different.
就隨便走走,你都會覺得不同
That sort of love and
這種愛和
that obsession was made most tangible by maps.
和困惑因為地圖變得的更加實際
I became obsessed by maps and looking at them.
我對地圖感到困惑,開始研究它們
I bought every Rand McNally and
我買了每個蘭德麥克納利導航儀和
every single map that I could find.
每張我能找到的地圖
I would put them in my room and
我會把它們放在我房間里
hang them all over the walls and just
掛滿整個墻
look at them and wonder
只是看著它們,想
what was happening at this particular intersection
這個十字路口發生了什么事
or in this area or
或是這個地區
how to get down this road most efficiently.
怎樣最快走到這條路
My parents didn't know
我的父母不知道
what to make of it but I loved it.
地圖有什么用,但我癡迷于它
In 1984-1985 we got the first Mackintosh
在1984年到1985年,我們買了第一個蘋果電腦
and an IBM PC Junior.
變成了一個IBM的計算機青年
I really wanted to play more with maps.
我特別想多研究地圖一下
I wanted to see them.
我想看它們
I wanted to alter them more
我想去改變它們
and do it on the computer screen.
在我的電腦上改變它們
So, I taught myself how to program because I wanted
所以,我自學怎樣編程,因為我想
to learn how to draw a map on the screen.
學習怎么在屏幕上畫一張地圖出來
And then, I accomplished that.
之后,我成功了
It was very, very basic and very simple.
我畫了一張很基礎很簡單的地圖
And then, I put some dots on the map.
接著,我在上面畫上了很多小點
And then, I learned how to move the dots around.
接著我學會了怎樣移動這些小點
Then, the next challenge was
接下來的挑戰是
to figure out how to keep the dots
想辦法讓這些點固定在
on the streets because
街上,因為
they were going all over the place.
它們總是不停地移動
And then, I had all these dots moving around
接著我讓這些點在這張
this beautiful picture of this map,
漂亮的地圖上動來動去
which represented downtown St. Louis and
讓它們展現出圣路易斯市中心的景象
then later represented New York City,
之后表示出了紐約城
which I was amazed by.
這讓我很驚奇
The issue was that none of the dots
問題是,這些點
had any meaning whatsoever.
都沒有任何意義
They're just random dots moving around this city.
它們只是隨機的點,在城市里移動
My parents had a CB radio
我父母有個汽車對講電話
and they had a police scanner.
并且有個警用掃描儀
And what was happening
警用掃描儀的作用
on the police scanner was really interesting
非常有趣
because you had ambulances
因為救護車
and fire trucks and police cars constantly
和消防車,還有警車不斷地
reporting where they are and what they're doing.
匯報它們的所在地和它們所做的事
So, I'm at Fifth in Broadway in New York City.
它們會說我在紐約城里的百老匯街五號
I have a patient in cardiac arrest and
我這里有個心臟停跳的病人
we're going to St. John's Mercy.
我們正在去醫院的路上
And I could take that information,
我得到這條信息之后
type it up into a program,
將它輸入程序里
make some assumptions about speed and direction
假設它們的速度和方向
and what routes they're going to take and actually
以及它們應走哪條線路
watch the ambulance go to St. John's Mercy.
就能看到救護車進入圣約翰醫院
Then, I could hook up another ambulance and a taxicab,
接著我可以聯接另一輛救護車和出租車
a police car, a fire truck.
警車和消防車
The more and more of this I did,
我做這些做得越多
the more I learned how to automate more of it
就了解更多怎樣讓它們自動化的方法
because the Internet was just coming up.
因為互聯網出現了
We had Gopher and St. Louis, Missouri,
我們有Gopher查詢系統,而且密蘇里州的圣路易斯
has a school named Washington University,
有所華盛頓大學
which was one of the first backbones for the Internet.
它是網絡的第一批支柱之一
So, we had a pretty good connection to the BBS systems,
所以我們有一個很好的BBC網絡系統
the bulletin board systems, back then.
就是電子布告欄系統
I found all these databases of this information,
我發現了這些信息的數據庫
although this was after the fact.
盡管這有點事后諸葛亮
But it was still interesting to watch and to see unfold
但是看著這些事物一點點展開非常有趣
So, now I had this picture of real-live data
現在我得到了現實的城市里
of a real-life city operating in front of me.
現實生活的數據就在我面前運轉
And I just thought it was the most beautiful
我就是覺得這是最美好的東西
thing ever that I could visualize,
我能看到
a city living and breathing.
整個城市在生活,在呼吸

重點單詞   查看全部解釋    
random ['rændəm]

想一想再看

adj. 隨機的,隨意的,任意的
adv. 隨

 
obsession [əb'seʃən]

想一想再看

n. 困擾,沉迷,著魔,妄想

聯想記憶
challenge ['tʃælindʒ]

想一想再看

n. 挑戰
v. 向 ... 挑戰

 
unfold [ʌn'fəuld]

想一想再看

v. 展開,開放,顯露

 
arrest [ə'rest]

想一想再看

vt. 逮捕,拘留
n. 逮捕,拘留

聯想記憶
tangible ['tændʒəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 有形的,可觸摸的,確鑿的,實際的

聯想記憶
accomplished [ə'kɔmpliʃt]

想一想再看

adj. 嫻熟的,有造詣的,完成的,有成就的,毫無疑問的

聯想記憶
mercy ['mə:si]

想一想再看

n. 憐憫,寬恕,仁慈,恩惠
adj.

 
bulletin ['bulitin]

想一想再看

n. 公示,公報,新聞快報,期刊
vt. 發表

聯想記憶
figure ['figə]

想一想再看

n. 圖形,數字,形狀; 人物,外形,體型
v

聯想記憶
?
發布評論我來說2句

    最新文章

    可可英語官方微信(微信號:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英語學習資料.

    添加方式1.掃描上方可可官方微信二維碼。
    添加方式2.搜索微信號ikekenet添加即可。
    主站蜘蛛池模板: 二年级上册数学试卷题全套 | 美女操帅哥| 韩宝仪个人简历| 147顶级艺术人像摄影| 陈宝莲拍过的电影| 卢载铉| 密杀名单| 我和我的祖国 五线谱| 麻豆视频网站| dota2反和谐| 口舌 — 视频 | vk| 天元突破| 猿球崛起| 邯郸恋家网| 尹雪喜 新建文件夹2| 奋进的旋律演员表名单 | 奈哈·西贡索邦| ctv5| 工会基层组织选举工作条例| 龙争虎斗| 749局演员表| 误杀2电影免费观看高清完整版| 暗恋桃花源剧本| 我的吸血鬼学姐| 女孩们在线观看| 《ulises》完整版在线观看| 美女污视频网站| 杨子姗演过的电影电视剧| 刘浩存个人简历资料| 处女巫| 美女热吻| 大内低手电视剧在线观看| 张志忠演员| 爱情电影网aqdy| 辛鹏| 紧缚视频 | vk| 篮球场平面图| 婚前婚后电影高清完整版| 预备党员季度思想汇报| 男女视频在线播放| 都市频道在线直播回放|