38. That's Fashion
第38課 這才叫做時髦
Andy and Jess are at a fashion designer's party.
安迪和潔絲在一場時裝設計師開的派對上。
A: My God, Jess. What's that on Betty's head?
我的天啊,潔絲,貝蒂頭上那什么玩意兒啊?
J: Beats me. How weird! I think it's a new kind of hat.
問倒我了。真是很怪異!我想那是一種新款式的帽子吧。
A: Oh, really? If you ask me, it's more like a bird's nest. How stupid it looks!
哦,是嗎?如果你問我的話,我倒覺得那比較像個鳥巢。那東西看起來好愚蠢喔!
J: you think so? Hey, wait a minute. You might be right. There's something moving in the nest... I mean, hat.
你真這么想嗎?嘿,等一下。你可能說得對。那鳥巢里……我是指帽子里有東西在動。
A: Gee whiz! It's a bird.
哇!是一只鳥喔。
J: Holy cow! How does she keep it from flying away?
天啊!她是怎么不讓那只鳥飛走的?
A: Don't you see! She's got it fastened to a gold chain around her neck.
你看不出來嗎?她用一條繞在脖子上的金項鏈把它拴住。
J: If the bird were strong enough, it could fly her to the moon, so to speak.
如果那只鳥力氣夠大的話,它甚至可以帶她飛到月球。
A: That would really be funny.
那一定很有趣。
J: Well, that's fashion!
呃,那就是時髦嘛!