32. Goldfish, Souls and Coffee Table
第32課 金魚、靈魂和茶幾
Ms. Smith, an American, is talking to Mr. Ting, an expert on feng shui.
美國籍的史密斯小姐正和風水專家丁先生交談。
S: What changes would you suggest for my house?
你建議我房子應該做些什么改變?
T: I think that you should get an aquarium with goldfish.
我認為你應該買個水族箱,里面養些金魚。
S: Why?
為什么?
T: Goldfish bring good luck.
金魚會帶來好運。
S: Ok. Anything else?
好啊。還有什么?
T: You should also get rid of that mirror in front of your bed.
你還應該把你床前的那面鏡子拿走。
S: Why?
為什么?
T: Your soul travels at night. It must find its way back to the body. The soul might see your body in the mirror and get confused.
你的靈魂晚上會出來游蕩。它必須找到回軀殼的路。你的靈魂可能會看到你鏡子里的軀殼而搞糊涂。
S: Hmm…really? What else?
呃……真的嗎?還有呢?
T: Um… (He bumps into a coffee table.) ouch! And get rid of this table.
呃……(他撞到茶幾。)哎哦!把這張茶幾也拿走。
S: Why? It's just a coffee table.
為什么?只是張茶幾嘛。
T: It's dangerous. It will bring you bad luck.
那東西很危險,會給你帶來厄運的。
S: Uh… are you sure?
呃……你確定嗎?