But there's a twist.
但其中有點改變
Some of the fruit are familiar
就是有些水果是他們熟知的
but half of them have never been seen
但半數都是他們沒有見過的
and the volunteers couldn't possibly know the words that describe them.
而志愿者們也不可能認識指代它們的單詞
Something most of them don't even notice.
有些東西他們多數都不會注意
The early participants do very badly in the test
早期參與者在測試中表現很差
because the language is completely random and unstructured.
因為這種語言是完全隨機而無規律的
Unfortunately you didn't get any of them right.
很不幸 你沒一道答對的
Oh, my God! - Sorry.
天啊 -對不起哦
It was really hard. I just couldn't seem to find any patterns.
真的很難 我找不出一點語法規律
I thought I'd be able to see a pattern with maybe the colours
我以為我能夠通過顏色來識別它們
and I put in key or ka for yellow
認為音節"key"或"ka"代表黃色
and then maybe I thought lu could mean two.
以為音節"lu"的意思是"二"
It was a bit of a shock to hear I hadn't seen half of the language.
聽說我連半點兒也沒記住真是有點驚訝
I just felt a bit cheated, really! I didn't have a chance.
真有點被騙的感覺 根本就沒給我機會