16. Study or Flunk
第16課 讀書或被當(不及格)
Kim bumps into her classmate, Pak. (K=Kim; P=Pak)
小琴偶然遇見她的同學帕克。
What's the matter, Pak? You look depressed.
帕克, 怎么回事?你看起來很沮喪。
Did someone just die or what?
是不是有人剛死了還是什么?
Well, someone is going to soon.
呃, 有人就快死了。
Oh, my God! Really? Who is it?
哦, 我的天啊!真的嗎?是誰?
Me. I flunked the exam and my dad's going to kill me.
是我。這次考試我考砸了, 我老爸會宰了我。
How come you flunked?
你怎么會考砸呢?
I thought you did everything the fortuneteller told you to do.
我以為你都照算命先生叫你做的去做了。
I thought so, too.
我也是這么想。
I was sure of passing.
我有把握會通過考試的。
That's why I went to see him this morning.
這就是為什么我今天早上去找他的原因。
Well, what did he say?
那他說什么呢?
He said I flunked because I did everything very well except that I forgot one thing.
他說我考砸了是因為我每件事都做得很好, 只忘記一件事。
What's that?
什么事?
I didn't study!
我沒念書。