Lesson 112. You've Got to Be Kidding!
第112課 你在開玩笑吧。
Walter answers the door at his home.
華特在他家門口應門。
S: Hi! I'm from Russia. My name is Vodka. I want to marry your wife.
陌生人:嗨!我來自俄國,我叫伏特加,我想娶你老婆。
W: With a name like that, I'm not sure she'll want to marry you.
華特:你的名字那么奇怪,我可沒把握她會嫁給你。
S: So, what kind of man does she like?
陌生人:那么,她喜歡什么樣的男人呢?
W: You need to be strong, handsome and have a good sense of humor.
華特:強壯、英俊,而且具有幽默感的。
S: No problem. I guess I qualify then.
陌生人:沒問題,我想我符合這個條件。
W: You've got to be kidding! One look at you and my wife is bound to burst out laughing.
華特:你在開玩笑吧!我老婆只要看你一眼,一定會忍不住大笑起來。
S: Where is she anyway? Can I meet her?
陌生人:不管怎么樣,她到底在哪里?我可以見她嗎?
W: I'm afraid she might kick the bucket before me if she meets you. Goodbye!
華特:我怕她見到你會比我還早死呢。再見!
S: What a jerk!
陌生人:真是個鄉巴佬!