梅麗莎:我們大難臨頭了!
If we have to recall 100,000 units, we'll take a huge loss this year.
如果我們召回100,000件產品,我們今年就會蒙受巨大損失。
Lee:We have no choice. The product defect poses a safety hazard.
李:我們別無選擇。產品缺陷造成了安全隱患。
If we don't act quickly, we'll have a huge liability issue on our hands.
如果不及時處理,我們將會承擔巨大責任。
Melissa:I think we're blowing this out of proportion.
梅麗莎:我想是有點過分擔憂了。
Only a small amount of our June product run was affected.
我們6月份的產品只有少量受到影響。
Lee:Yes, but even one case of someone getting hurt because of the defect would be a PR nightmare, and that's on top of the charges of negligence we'd have to face in court.
李:是的,但因為缺陷即使造成一起傷人案例也會造成公關噩夢,到了法庭上我們不得不面對疏忽指控。
We need to get ahead of this now.
現在我們需要提前下足功夫。
Melissa:All right, all right.
梅麗莎:好吧,好吧。
I guess we have no choice. Should we hold a press conference to announce the recall?
我想我們別無選擇。我們是否該舉行一場新聞發布會宣布召回?
Lee:We'll send out a press release first and then hold a press conference.
李:我們先發新聞稿,然后再舉行新聞發布會。
Melissa:I'm putting you in charge of it. Get it done.
梅麗莎:我交給你全權負責。你去搞定。
Lee:You mean in charge of getting the press release sent out?
李:你的意思是負責發新聞稿?
Melissa:I mean that and the press conference.
梅麗莎:我的意思是還有新聞發布會。
You can face the press and answer their questions.
你要直面媒體并回答他們的問題。
Lee:You're throwing me to the wolves?
李:你是把這個爛攤子丟給我?
Melissa:Not at all. I'm helping you raise your profile in the company.
梅麗莎:正相反。我在幫助你提高你的公司形象。
You should be thanking me.
你應該感謝我。
Lee:Somehow I don't feel so grateful.
李:我不這樣覺得。