Lesson 80. Girls versus Boys
第80課 女孩對抗男孩
Daisy is talking with Samson about Kelly Williams, the female wrestler.
黛絲和山姆森正在討論女摔跤選手凱莉·威廉斯。
D: What do you think, Samson? Should girls be allowed to wrestle with boys?
黛絲:山姆森,你認為呢?應該讓女生和男生摔跤嗎?
S: I don't see anything wrong with that.
山姆森:這也沒什么不好的呀。
D: Well, wrestling is a contact sport. It's very physical.
黛絲:不過,摔跤是一項接觸的運動,經常有身體上的接觸。
S: So? I thought you women always wanted to be equal to men.
山姆森:那怎樣?我還以為你們女人一直都想要和男人爭平等呢。
D: Yes. But this is different. They'll be grabbing each other. And to win, one wrestler has to lie on top of his or her opponent.
黛絲:對,但這不一樣。他們要彼此抓住對方,而且為了求勝,一方必須把他或者她的對手壓在底下。
S: So what?
山姆森:那又怎樣?
D: It's disgusting. Girls just shouldn't wrestle with boys.
黛絲:那樣很惡心。女孩就是不應該和男孩摔跤。
S: Gee, Daisy! Maybe you ought to be a nun.
山姆森:哇,黛絲!也許你應當去當尼姑(修女)。
D: That's not funny! You sex maniac!
黛絲:一點兒也不好笑!你這色狼!