These dark flies are driving me badly!
這些飛來飛去的黑蒼蠅快把我逼瘋了!
I wish I couldstrangle each of every one of them!
我真想把他們全部勒死!
I'm sorry to say, but that's impossible.
很遺憾,你辦不到!
I realize that. I don't mean that I have to strangle all ofthem.
我知道,要全部都勒死不容易,
Really, I did happy if I could strangle even just one ortwo of them.
不過,哪怕勒死那么一兩只也好啊!
Impossible!
你還是辦不到!
I'm sure. I can just manage to just strangle one if I had some dental flosses or something.
我保證如果有類似牙線的東西,我肯定能勒死一只蒼蠅。
I'm sure you couldn't because insects breathe quite differently from us.
我打賭你做不到。因為昆蟲呼吸可不像我們人類的。昆蟲既沒有肺似的中心區域,可以容納空氣;
They don't have acentral area like our lungs where they gather oxygen; nor a transport system like our heart, andthe blood used to deliver oxygen to all of our cells.
也沒有像心臟似的運輸系統,可以通過血液循環,給身體所有細胞供氧。
Nope. Flies, like all insects, breathe through many tiny openings called spiracles.
蒼蠅,和所有昆蟲一樣,通過無數微小的氣門來進行呼吸。
These openingsare part of tubes called trachea.
氣門是氣管的部分。
Each tube leads to a fluid-filled tracheole, where theoxygendissolves and then diffuses across the wall of the tracheole and into several of theinsect's cells.
氣管又分支成許多微氣管,微氣管里充滿液體,吸入的氧氣溶解于其中,穿透氣管管壁擴散到昆蟲的無數細胞中。
So there is no central breathing area to block off so that you might strangle a fly.
所以, 你沒方法讓蒼蠅窒息。
However, if you wanted to drown a fly, that's another story.
但是,如果你想讓蒼蠅淹死,又是另外回事了。
The spiracles of most insects canclose to keep things like dust out.
大多數昆蟲緊密氣門,防止灰塵進入。
Therefore, they can hold their breath, so to speak.
這樣,它們不得不屏住呼吸,
But if aninsect is trapped in water for too long, it will run out of oxygen and eventually drown.
但是如果在水里太長時間,它們會因為缺氧而溺死。
Now, I just have to figure out how to lure them all into some water.
那么,現在我只要想法子讓蒼蠅掉進水里就可以啦!