I'm trying, the crow replied. Say, got any corn?
我正在想辦法,烏鴉回答,嘿,你可有玉米?
Bran reached into his pocket as the darkness spun dizzily around him.
黑暗在他周圍暈眩地旋轉,布蘭忙把手伸進口袋,
When he pulled his hand out, golden kernels slid from between his fingers into the air. They fell with him.
抽出來時,金黃的谷粒由他指間滑下,與他一同墜落。
The crow landed on his hand and began to eat.
烏鴉停在他手上,開始啄食。
Are you really a crow? Bran asked.
你真的是烏鴉?布蘭問。
Are you really falling? the crow asked back.
你真的在往下墜?烏鴉反問。
It's just a dream, Bran said.
這只是一場夢。布蘭說。
Is it? asked the crow.
是嗎?烏鴉又問。
I'll wake up when I hit the ground, Bran told the bird.
我摔到地面的時候自然會醒的。布蘭告訴鳥兒。
You'll die when you hit the ground, the crow said. It went back to eating corn.
等摔到地面你就死了,烏鴉說完,徑自去吃玉米。
Bran looked down. He could see mountains now, their peaks white with snow, and the silver thread of rivers in dark woods. He closed his eyes and began to cry.
布蘭低下頭,現在他可以看見白雪皚皚的連綿峰巒,銀色河流在深綠樹林中留下的蜿蜒絲線。他閉上雙眼,哭了起來。
That won't do any good, the crow said. I told you, the answer is flying, not crying.
哭哭啼啼沒用的,烏鴉說,我說了,惟一的辦法就是飛,不是掉眼淚。
How hard can it be? I'm doing it. The crow took to the air and flapped around Bran's hand.
這有什么難?我不就在飛?烏鴉騰空飛起,拍著翅膀,繞在布蘭手邊。
You have wings, Bran pointed out.
可你有翅膀。布蘭指出。
Maybe you do too.
說不定你也有。
Bran felt along his shoulders, groping for feathers.
布蘭沿著肩膀摸索,想找自己的羽毛。
There are different kinds of wings, the crow said.
翅膀不只一種,烏鴉說。
Bran was staring at his arms, his legs. He was so skinny, just skin stretched taut over bones. Had he always been so thin? He tried to remember.
布蘭看到自己的手腳,好瘦啊,瘦得跟皮包骨一樣。難道他一直都這么瘦?他試著去回憶。

背景介紹:
《權力的游戲》是一部中世紀史詩奇幻題材的電視連續劇。該劇以美國作家喬治·R·R·馬丁的奇幻巨作《冰與火之歌》七部曲為基礎改編創作,由大衛·貝尼奧夫和丹尼爾·威斯編劇、HBO電視網推出。喬治·雷蒙德·理查德·馬丁是歐美奇幻小說大師。馬丁的作品主要以人物為關注點,描寫細膩豐富,突破了幻想文學界固有的創作模式,多次引領閱讀潮流。由于馬丁的輝煌成就,他被譽為美國的托爾金和新世紀的海明威。從1989年開始,馬丁淡出文學界,轉而投身演藝界發展,1996年他才重返文壇而開始奇幻文學的創作,處女作便是《權力的游戲》,即為《冰與火之歌》的首部曲。《權力的游戲》甫出便拿下了British Fantasy Society、 世界奇幻獎和星云獎年度最佳幻想作品提名,在非官方的不記名奇幻作品投票中,《冰與火之歌》儼然已經可以和《魔戒》平起平坐,作者網站的訪問量也是和斯蒂芬·金、J.K.羅琳等不相上下,其受歡迎的程度可見一斑。喬治馬丁被時代雜志評選為2011年影響世界的一百人之一。