And then I collapsed.
然后我癱倒了。
"Bella?" His voice was alarmed as he caught me and held me up.
“貝拉?”他的聲音驚慌失措,他抓住我,把我扶起來。
"You… made… me… faint," I accused him dizzily.
“你……讓……我……發暈了。”我頭暈眼花地指控他。
"What am I going to do with you?" he groaned in exasperation. "Yesterday I kiss you, and you attack me! Today you pass out on me!"
“我該拿你怎么辦呢?”他有些惱怒地說道。“昨天我吻你時你攻擊了我!今天你卻因為我的吻而暈過去了!”
I laughed weakly, letting his arms support me while my head spun.
我虛弱地笑了起來,讓他的胳膊支撐著我,我的頭還是很暈。
"So much for being good at everything," he sighed.
“你總說我擅長做每件事。”他嘆息著說。
"That's the problem." I was still dizzy. "You're too good. Far, far too good."
“這就是問題所在。”我還是有些眩暈。“你太擅長了。太,太擅長了。”
"Do you feel sick?" he asked; he'd seen me like this before.
“你覺得頭暈嗎?”他問道。他之前見過我像這樣子。
"No — that wasn't the same kind of fainting at all. I don't know what happened." I shook my head apologetically, "I think I forgot to breathe."
“不——這完全不是那種頭暈。我不知道發生了什么事。”我充滿歉意地搖著頭。“我想我忘了呼吸。”
"I can't take you anywhere like this."
“你現在這個樣子,我可不敢帶你去任何地方。”
"I'm fine," I insisted. "Your family is going to think I'm insane anyway, what's the difference?"
“我沒事。”我堅持著。“無論如何,你的家人都會認為我有病,有什么區別嗎?”
He measured my expression for a moment. "I'm very partial to that color with your skin," he offered unexpectedly. I flushed with pleasure, and looked away.
他估量了片刻我的神情。“我特別偏愛你現在這種膚色。”他出乎意料地說道。我愉快地臉紅了,趕忙看向別處。
"Look, I'm trying really hard not to think about what I'm about to do, so can we go already?" I asked.
“看,我會竭盡全力不去想我將要做的事,所以我們現在可以走了嗎?”我問道。
"And you're worried, not because you're headed to meet a houseful of vampires, but because you think those vampires won't approve of you, correct?"
“而你在擔心,不是因為你將要見到一屋子的吸血鬼,而是因為你認為那些吸血鬼不會贊同你,對嗎?”
《暮光之城》
與圖書題目相得益彰的是,“暮光之城”系列別具匠心的封面設計則很好地傳達出了每本書內在的深遠寓意。斯蒂芬妮·梅爾指出《暮色》封面上的蘋果代表“創世紀” 內善惡樹上的禁果。象征貝拉和愛德華之間人類與吸血鬼禁忌的愛戀。在書的開頭引用了“創世紀”217頁的內容:“只是分別善惡樹上的果子,你不可吃,因為你吃的日子必定死。”這同時也代表了貝拉如何分辨善惡——選擇是否吃下那顆禁忌的果實,這比喻了選擇跟愛德華在一起或遠離他。