Next day Glumdalclitch came to me in tears.
第二天葛蘭達克利赤滿面淚痕地來到我跟前。
You'll never guess what's happened!’she told me sadly.
你絕不會猜到發生了什么事!”她哀傷地對我說。
Our neighbour has advised Father to show you to people,for money!
我們的鄰居建議父親把你拿去展出,為了錢!
Father's going to take you to market tomorrow,where there'll be crowds of people ready to pay for entertainment!
父親明天將把你帶到市場上,那兒有成群的人愿意掏錢取樂!
I'm so ashamed!And perhaps you'll get hurt!Other people won't be as careful with you as I am!
這太可恥了!而且你可能會受傷!別的人可沒有我對你那樣小心!”
Don't worry,Glumdalclitch.I replied.
不要擔心,葛蘭達克利赤,我回答說,
As I'm a stranger here,I don't mind being shown to people like a strange wild animal.
由于我在這兒是個生人,我不介意像個稀奇的野生動物那樣展出。
I must do what your father wants.
我必須按你父親所想的去做。
I was secretly hoping I would one day find a way of escaping and returning to my own country.
我暗地里希望有朝一日能找到逃跑的路回到我自己的國家。
So the next day my master and his daughter got on their huge horse.
這樣第二天我的主人和他的女兒騎上了他們龐大的馬。
Glumdalclitch carried me inside a small box,which had airholes so that I could breathe.
葛蘭達克利赤用一個小盒子帶著我,上面有透氣孔以便我呼吸。
When we arrived at the market town,my master hired the largest room in the public house,and placed me upon the table there.
我們到達市鎮后,主人在客棧包了個最大的房間,把我放在那兒的桌子上,
His daughter stayed close to me to make sure that nobody hurt me.
他的女兒站得離我很近,以保證沒人傷著我。
I was told to speak in their language,pull out my sword,drink from a cup,and do other things to amuse the crowd.
我受命用他們的語言說話,拔出我的劍,用杯子喝,以及做其他一些事來逗樂圍觀的人。
Only thirty people were allowed in to see me at one time.
每次只讓30個人進去看我。
On that first day everybody wanted to see me,and I was shown to over three hundred and fifty people.
第一天每個人都想看我,我被展給了350多人看。
關于《格列佛游記》
格列佛得到許可前往參觀拉格多大科學院—科學院概況—教授們所研究的學術。