Situation21: James' Office
場景21: 在James的辦公室
Stacy, would you get Steve Dawson on the line for me, please?
你能幫我接Steve Dawson的電話嗎?
Right away, Mr. Goodard.
馬上,先生
(Dials Steve's extension) Mr. Dawson, this is Mr. Goddard's office,
(撥通的分機)先生,這里是先生的辦公室,
please hold for Mr. Goddard.
請跟先生講話。
(Speaking on the phone) Good morning Steve, how's it going?
在電話里說)早上好,進行的怎么樣?
James! I'm okay. How are you?
James!我很好,你呢?
I'm doing pretty well this morning, but you don't sound so good.
我今天早上非常好,但是聽起來你不是很好
Is something wrong?
有什么事嗎?
Well, it's just that I've been worrying all night about what happened yesterday.
只是我一晚上都在擔心昨天發生的事情。
I still feel terrible about the way I acted in the meeting.
我仍覺得我在會議上的表現糟糕極了。
Listen, I told you last night to forget about it.
聽著,昨天晚上我告訴過你要忘記這件事情。
I know you did. But I can't get over it so easily.
我知道你是說了。但是我不能那么容易恢復過來。
I really feel like I let you down yesterday.
我真的覺得我昨天讓你下不了臺。
Look, do you have any plans for lunch today?
你對今天的午飯有沒有什么打算?
Nothing special, why?
沒有,怎么了?
Then why don't you let me buy you lunch today?
那么,今天為什么不讓我給你買午飯呢?
Actually, I feel like I should buy you lunch.
真的,我覺得應該是我給你買。
No, today lunch will be on me.
不,今天的午飯該論到我了。
Shall we meet at twelve o'clock, then?
那我們約好十二點怎么樣?
All right, I'll see you at noon.
好的,中午見
See you then, bye.
那再見
bye.
再見。