My dearest Meg,I can no longer hide my love for you,and must know your answer before I return.
我最親愛的麥格,我再也不能隱瞞對你的愛,在我回來之前我一定要得到你的答覆。
I cannot tellyour parents yet, but I think they will agree if they know that we love one another.
我還不能告訴你的父母,可我想如果他們知道我們相愛的話他們是會同意的。
Mr Laurence will help me find a good job,and then, my sweet girl, you will make me happy.
勞倫斯先生會幫我找一份好工作,然后,我心愛的姑娘,你會讓我幸福的。
Say nothing to your family yet, but send a word of hope tome through Laurie.
先不要對你父母講,但通過羅瑞給我一句希望的話吧。
Your loving John.
愛你的約翰。
'That terrible boy!'said Jo.'I'll make him sorry.'
那個可惡的男孩!瓊說,我會讓他后悔的。
But her mother said,'Wait,Jo.Are you sure this is nothing to do with you?'
可她母親說:等等,瓊。你肯定這事與你無關嗎?
'I never saw the letter before!'said Jo.'But Mr Brooke wouldn't write stupid things like that.'
我以前從來也沒見過這封信!瓊說??刹剪斂讼壬粫f像這樣的蠢話。
'It's like his writing,'said Meg unhappily, looking at the second letter in her hand.
這像他的筆跡,麥格看著她手上的第二封信。
'Oh,Meg,you didn't answer it?'said Mrs March.
噢,麥格,你沒回這封信吧?馬奇太太問。
'Yes,I did!'cried Meg,hiding her face again.
不,我回了!麥格哭著說,又把頭埋進雙手里。
'Let me get that wicked boy!'shouted Jo.
讓我抓住那個壞男孩!瓊大喊。

關于《小婦人》
馬奇家的四姐妹中,無論是為了愛情甘于貧困的梅格,還是通過自己奮斗成為作家的喬,以及坦然面對死亡的貝思和以扶弱為己任的艾美,雖然她們的理想和命運都不盡相同,但是她們都具有自強自立的共同特點。