Keke Funny Moment
可可輕松一刻
Reminder
催 單
In the veterinary office where I'm a technician,
我是一家獸醫站的技師。
we mail out reminders when pets are due for vaccinations.
當動物到了該注射疫苗的時候,我們就寄出催單。
Bruno, a German shepherd, arrived for his annual rabies shot,
一條德國物質牧羊犬布魯諾來做每年一次的狂犬疫苗注射。
and we were required by state law to ask his owner if Bruno had bitten anyone in the last ten days.
我們依照州法律的要求詢問他的主人,在過去的十天里布魯諾是否咬了什么人。
"Oh yes, in fact that's why we're here," she replied.
“噢,是的。事實上這正是我們到這兒來的原因,”她回答說。
Surprised, I told her we assumed they'd come in because of our reminder.
我覺得奇怪,告訴她我們以為他們是因為收到了我們的催單才來的。
"We did," she explained. "Bruno bit the mail carrier who was delivering your card."
“的確如此,”她解釋道。“布魯諾咬了給你們送催單的郵遞員。”
Notes:
1.reminder
n. 令人回憶起…的東西;提醒…的東西;(告知該做某事的)通知單;提示信
eg.
a reminder slip
催詢單
a reminder tray
意見箱
a gentle reminder
暗示
2.due for
應有,應得到
eg.
I am due for an increase in pay soon.
我馬上就要增加工資了。
本節目可可原創節目,未經允許請勿轉載。