脫口秀女王奧普拉專訪!2007年,在南非的奧普拉•溫弗里女子領袖中學向成績優秀的、貧苦的女孩們敞開了它的大門。奧普拉看著2011級的學生們畢業離開學院,她稱她自己為驕傲的母親。今天她談論的就是與這些女孩的關系!
These children, these girls, who are now adults, in many ways, have become your children,
這些孩子,這些女孩,現在已經成人,在許多方面,已經成為你的孩子,
no matter who you with, no matter what you are doing,
不管你和誰在一起,不管你在做什么,
if one of these girls calls, you pick up the phone.
如果其中一個女孩打電話,你肯定會接電話。
Oh, yes, now we are all texting all the time.
哦,是的,現在我們所有的時間都是在用短信。
The very fact just happened this morning, and I was on the phone last night for an hour with one of them trying to watch the debate.
這一事實今天早上剛剛發生,我昨晚與其中一位想看這場辯論的人聊了1小時。
OK trying to watch the debate, but OK, I hear what you say.
好的,想看這場辯論,但好的,我聽到你說什么。
Yes, I think I’ve come into my mothering space in a way that was wholly, wholly, so unexpected.
是的,我認為自己已經以完全、完全,意想不到的方式有了種母性的感覺。
I just, I knew from the moment that I met these girls that I was going to fall in love with them and I did.
我只是,從那一刻我知道,我遇到了這些我愛上的女孩而且我真的愛上她們了。
But I was thought of loving from a distance.
但是我認為是一種距離的愛。
Something happened this year that could actually make me weep.
今年發生了一些事情,實際上可以讓我哭泣。
But the morning that we were all getting dressed to go shopping at bed bathing beyond for their college dorms.
但在早晨,我們都穿戴整齊為她們的大學宿舍去購物。
I mean, it's the moment it hit me that all of the pain really and challenges and difficult circumstances than the crisis that we went through in 2007,
我的意思是,那一刻,我突發奇想,所有真切的疼痛,挑戰和困難情況相比我們經歷過的2007年危機都不足為懼,
and all of the questions in the times I thought about,
而我想所有的問題的時候,
you know what, I should just give them the money and step out of this and let them have it.
你知道,我應該給她們錢,走出去讓她們自己擁有。
All came to ahead, came to a joyous duration.
所有人向前邁進,來到一個歡樂的時刻。
注:聽力文本來源于普特可可原創,未經許可請勿轉載