An Energetic wife
精力旺盛的妻子
Neighbor: I heard a big noise in front of your house last night. What happened to you?
鄰居:昨天夜里我聽見你家屋前有很大的聲音,你們出了什么事嗎?
Husband: It was nothing. My wife was a bit cross, and threw my overcoat out of the window.
丈夫:沒什么。我的妻子有點不高興,把我的大衣給扔到窗外去了。
Neighbor: Your overcoat? But how could it make such a noise?
鄰居:你的大衣?扔掉大衣怎么會有那么大的聲音?
Husband: I... I happened to be inside the coat.
丈夫:我......我恰好也在大衣里面
1.in front of和in the front of
in front of是指在某物的前面(在物品的外面)
例:The store is in front of your house.
商店在你家的前面。
指商店在你家前面,很顯然在你家外面。
in the front of是指在某物前面(在物品內部)
例:The teacher's desk is in the front of the classroom.
老師的書桌在教師的前面。
指書桌在教師的前面,很顯然書桌在教室里面。
2.What happened to you?
這句話意思是:你怎么了?(這是我們中國人說話的方式)
what 's wrong with you?
(難道說成“在你身上發生了什么”這樣別扭嗎?)
好吧,你非要用“發生”這個詞的話:what have occured to you?
3.overcoat
n.大衣;外套;保護層,護膜
eg:I helped her on with her overcoat. 我幫她穿上大衣