There is no room to screw up on a trip like this, mental or otherwise.
這樣的旅途中、精神上或其他旅行不會有空間可以搞成這樣。
Once on Mars, you are likely to be stuck there for a year or more,
一旦在火星上,你很可能會被困一年甚至更長時間。
waiting for a window of opportunity to ride home.
你要等待的就是回家的機會之窗敞開。
And unlike a robot, the hopes and fears of the whole planet will be riding with you.
而不像一個機器人, 整個星球的希望和恐懼將與你同在。
I think a human is gonna do a better job of exploring Mars ultimately than robots ever can.
我認為一個人會比機器人在探測火星方面最終做的更好。
Robots move really slowly.
機器人移動的非常緩慢。
Okey, what's bearing up opportunity have done in five years on Mars two astronauts could probably have done in a week.
好了,在五年內機器人在火星上所做的兩名宇航員在一個星期內就可以完成。
As fast and smart as we are,
只要我們又快又好,
we still need mechanical help to sculp the course for Mars.
對于探測火星,我們仍然需要機械的幫助。
The next robot rolling on to red dirt will be ably named Curiosity.
未來沖向這片紅色土地的機器人將被命名為好奇心號。
注:聽力文本來源于普特