If we are looking for Martian bugs,
如果我們正在尋找火星的蟲子,
we should search for life forms at least as tough an alien as this.
我們尋找的應該是生命形式至少是非常異類的外星人。
I'm looking at Mars in a point of view of microbe.
我在以微生物的觀點尋找火星上的微生物。
And it's a microbe I really need very, very tiny amount of water.
它是一種微生物,我認為真的只是需要非常,非常微量的水。
I could probably live my entire life happily in the tiny drop of water about the size of the point of a pen.
我或許可以靠著一支鋼筆大小的水幸福地過我的整個生活。
Now we've shown over the years that orgamisms live in salt crust on the earth have enough sunlight coming in so that they can go through their day to day activities but still be protective from the radiation.
現在我們已經證明在過去多年來,生活在地球上的微生物住在鹽結皮里,有足夠的陽光照射進來,這樣他們就可以過它們的日常活動,但仍受輻射保護。
And we know there's salt crust on Mars.
而且我們知道火星上有鹽結皮。
ars has a long term wobble to its orbit.
火星的軌道有一個長期的擺動。
And every five million years or so,
而每五百萬年左右,
the poles end up tilting 45 degrees toward the sun.
兩極最終朝太陽傾斜45度。
A way of thinking about the Phoenix landing site is to think about the polar regions on earth, imaging you are there in winter.
對于思考鳳凰登陸地點的一種方式是考慮到地球上的極地地區,想像你在冬天的時候。
It's very inhospitable, very cold, very alien.
它非常不友善,非常冷,非常陌生。
You think how can anything survive here.
你覺得有什么東西能在這里生存下去。
注:聽力文本來源于普特